My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

<whispers>...Christmas...?

37 replies

Bucketsofdinosaurs · 24/09/2006 11:12

Who's been thinking about Christmas yet?
I already have a spreadsheet .

OP posts:
sorkycake · 25/09/2006 13:28

In true sorky style I have nearly finished [smug icon]

I bought my cards wrapping and tags in the Jan sales.
I too have a list of presents to give and a list of what I've already bought.
I keep a box where all unwanted or duplicated gifts my kids get are kept. I put a sticky on to say who it was from so it doesn't get given back iyswim.
This covers me for birthdays and christmas for LO friends.
I buy in the sales all year and have about half the toys I wanted plus some unexpected bargains.
I still have my stocking fillers to get and bath bombs to make but other than that...
I don't understand why people seem to panic closer to the date, it's on the same date every year after all. It's not like it sneaks up on you unannounced. lol

mummydoc · 25/09/2006 13:43

sorkycake - me too , especially the box of duplicate gifts/unwanted gifts . i have a sheet stuck on top with the info over who gave what etc and update so nobody gets their gift back or a similar thing IYKWIM , plus spreadsheet printed off with names of who needs pressies for christmas and all the dec/early jan birhtdays. i love christmas but almost as much i love the organising all of this - am i really sad????

PinkTulips · 25/09/2006 13:53

thanks to you people frightening me i have xmas budgeted already, kids presents picked and one santa present bought (was on sale)

my family think i've lost it!!!

every xmas til now dp and i have done ALL our xmas shopping the day before xmas eve, it was a sort of tradition!

lorina · 25/09/2006 14:14

Dh is going to do everything this year.

Which is a bit strange because he has never done any of it before ,other than buying me a present !
So he has offered to do it all.Kids,relatives,food.

( All I am going to do is buy some champagne so we can all have a drink and a laugh if it goes belly up )

Gemmasmummy · 25/09/2006 16:26

I bought Christmas cards, decorations and wrapping paper in the January sales so I'm halfway there! I keep a list of who sent us cards last year and that will form the basis of this year's list plus anyone else we want to keep in touch with. Anyone who hasn't sent us a card for 2 years running gets struck off! I keep last year's cards to make this year's gift tags.

I bought Christmas cards, decorations and wrapping paper in the January sales so I'm halfway there! I keep a list of who sent us cards last year and that will form the basis of this year's list plus anyone else we want to keep in touch with. Anyone who hasn't sent us a card for 2 years running gets struck off! I keep last year's cards to make this year's gift tags.

Boleyn · 26/09/2006 20:36

Just come across this site. Planning ideas from now on with prinatble sheets etc (for thos of us who can't design a spreadsheet to save our lives).

organizedchristmas.com/index.html

(came from organizedhome.com/content-36.html which was mentioned in another thread).

I might even try to use some of thise ideas so I'm not shopping in December!

Nemo1977 · 26/09/2006 20:38

Have thought about it, not as preparefd as I was this time last year as DD was due 16th dec. I am due again on jan 14th but seems less of an urgency despite also now throwing in DDs 1st bday and ds 3rd bday in a couple of weeks.

morningpaper · 26/09/2006 20:39

me too

bought loads of stuff in January sales

already had arguments with siblings over who is responsible for Parents

It's actually sorted three years in advance

Peridot30 · 26/09/2006 20:59

you really all need to get a life its 13 weeks till Christmas!!!!!!!! You are all way too organised. Dont start christmas shopping till november..at least.

bigfatbump · 28/09/2006 16:25

Yes I have a pareadsheet too lol. Started on it last week. I've made 30 cards so far, about 20 left to do. And today in my lunchbreak placed my big Letterbox, Book People and Initial Ideas orders, so now feel as though I'm getting there.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.