Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Allrecipes UK & Ireland

Bundlebuns · 27/12/2021 18:14

Always used allrecipes.co.uk for new dish inspiration and had some great successes. Their recipes took me from a novice to a half decent cook/baker. Just had a look now for the website and it's all gone! It diverts to another site which does not include the old recipes/photos/reviews etc. I'd printed off my favourite recipes but so sorry to see the site go. Anyone else feeling the loss? ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

OP's posts:
Please
or

SwishSwishBisch · 27/12/2021 18:18

Just checked the link to my long standing favourite bread recipe (albeit, not made any for a little while) and itโ€™s gone! What a shame.

Please
or

Bundlebuns · 27/12/2021 18:41

It really was a great resource. Hope you can remember your recipe
@SwishSwishBisch

OP's posts:
Please
or

PanicBuyingSprouts · 27/12/2021 20:50

Nooo!!!!!

I've noticed that BBC Goodfood are after money to access their site as well,

Please
or

Bundlebuns · 27/12/2021 21:42

Oh no, Good Food is my second favourite recipe site ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

OP's posts:
Please
or

CornishGem1975 · 28/12/2021 16:11

Good Food app needs a subscription now I think but not the website.

allrecipes.co.uk is going to the .com for me www.allrecipes.com/

Please
or

IbizaToTheNorfolkBroads · 28/12/2021 16:21

Oh no! These are my two go-to recipe sites too!

Please
or

Bundlebuns · 28/12/2021 16:29

Sadly the .com site isn't a patch on the old UK site. I wonder why it's all gone

OP's posts:
Please
or

IbizaToTheNorfolkBroads · 28/12/2021 18:55

@Bundlebuns

Sadly the .com site isn't a patch on the old UK site. I wonder why it's all gone

I canโ€™t find my go-to Toad in the Hole recipe.
Please
or

whoknows1230 · 01/01/2022 19:03

Oh no, I used this site a lot!

For those who have the links saved, you can put the links in the "wayback machine" website and view websites that have been removed.

I've just tried it and although it won't let me use the "email to a friend" link, it will let me click the "print" link so I can print the recipes I like.

The user account feature was removed in 2018, which was a shame as I had lots of favourite recipes saved, but at least we could still access recipes. I wonder why they've taken it down.

Please
or

user290814356289 · 01/01/2022 19:04

No!! I have recipes on there I've not bookmarked!

Please
or

whoknows1230 · 01/01/2022 23:51

@user290814356289

No!! I have recipes on there I've not bookmarked!

You might be able to find the link by searching for the recipe and โ€œallrecipesโ€ in Google. Clicking the link wonโ€™t load the recipe but itโ€™ll give you a link to put in the wayback machine
Please
or

Hairwizard · 03/01/2022 14:03

I wondered what happened as had found some good recipes for Christmas baking and then went to look for them just before christmas and they were gone! Who made that stupid decision?

Please
or

Youneverknow101 · 03/01/2022 14:28

I've lost the guaranteed moist chocolate cake recipe ๐Ÿ˜ญ I stupidly didn't write it down as I'd sent the link to myself and thought it would be ok!

Please
or

RaoulDufysCat · 03/01/2022 15:28

Here's the chocolate cake in the Wayback Machine:

<a class="break-all" href="https://web.archive.org/web/20201114190033/allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/18219/guaranteed-moist-chocolate-cake.aspx" rel="nofollow noindex" target="_blank">web.archive.org/web/20201114190033/allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/18219/guaranteed-moist-chocolate-cake.aspx

Please
or

Bundlebuns · 03/01/2022 17:21

I'd never heard of the Wayback Machine - thanks! Smile Can anyone recommend a similar UK based site to Allrecipes? I particularly liked that most recipes had lots of user reviews, which doesn't seem so common on other recipe websites. The user reviews were so helpful to guide as to which recipe to go for. I know Good Food also has plenty of user reviews, but any other website suggestions?

OP's posts:
Please
or

ouch321 · 03/01/2022 17:26

That's a great website. I used it lots. I was looking up a creme brulee just the other day and it kept diverting me to some other recipe on the USA version. I thought it was just one rogue page malfunctioning, didnt realise the whole site had gone!!!

Was there a warning of any kind? I hadn't noticed.

Please
or

Youneverknow101 · 03/01/2022 17:50

@RaoulDufysCat you are an absolute star!! Thank you very much ๐Ÿ˜Š

Please
or

RaoulDufysCat · 03/01/2022 18:56

My pleasure! If anyone else knows the title of their recipe but not how to look it up, I'm happy to help.

Please
or

Zoddod01 · 06/01/2022 15:14

Hi there RaoulDufysCat! May I take you up on your kind offer of help please?
I too am a victim of Allrecipes disappearing!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
I used it the whole time and saved so many recipes thinking that was better than printing it off.

Iโ€™ve tried the way back machine website but cannot get it to bring up:- www.allrecipes.com/recipe/35/elaine-s-cottage-pie.aspx
It was my go to recipe for cottage pie! Thank you in advance for your help x

Please
or

RaoulDufysCat · 06/01/2022 20:03

Hi @Zoddod01

I couldn't find your recipe on Wayback Machine, although there is one more thing I could try, but wondered if this might be it:

www.coveredrecipe.com/elaines-cottage-pie/

Also, Elaine Lemm crops up a lot if you google Elaine's cottage pie, and I wondered if this might be it:

www.thespruceeats.com/easy-traditional-cottage-pie-recipe-435744

AND, this looks the same as the first one and has the same photo that comes up on Pinterest when I look for your recipe title:

www.allrecipes.com/recipe/262539/english-cottage-pie/

Please
or

Zoddod01 · 06/01/2022 21:06

Thank you @RaoulDufysCat so much! You are a genius, that is the exact recipe!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜. You are so kind to take the trouble to search for me. I have two young children who love this meal and I also have a small Motherโ€™s help business where I cook for people to help out so my online recipes were invaluable to me, which is why I was so sad to discover that the website was no longer.
Thank you again so much for your time and help! X

Please
or

RaoulDufysCat · 06/01/2022 22:00

My pleasure! Glad I could help.

Please
or

CrazyCockapoo · 12/01/2022 21:09

Does anyone have the quickie quiche recipe from allrecipes.co.uk. Can't find it anywhere and it's my kids favourite ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

Please
or

Ragtagbobtail · 18/01/2022 12:26

[email protected] RaoulDufysCat please help me find my dumplings recipe from the allrecipes uk website.
It was the best dumplings recipe ever. Made with butter versus suet. Many thanks in advance

Please
or

RaoulDufysCat · 18/01/2022 13:03

Can you remember the name of it?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.