Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Smart watch

TeaChocKitKat · 19/08/2020 15:15

I want to start the coach 2 5k programme. Are there any cheapish start watches that you can download the app to? If im going to start running, i don't really want to have to take my phone with me so want a watch I can have some apps on. I dont really want to spend too much as I do have form for giving up my health kicks!
Does such a watch exist?

OP's posts:
Please
or

emmathedilemma · 19/08/2020 16:17

I would take your phone with you for safety reasons (buy waist belt so you don't have to carry it). You can set intervals up on most Garmin watches but unless you can pick up a second hand one they aren't cheap.

Please
or

JustCallMeGriffin · 19/08/2020 16:35

This will firmly be in the category of expensive smart watches because you'll need one that can accept apps to download - most fitbit type wearables have built in apps that communicate with your phone.

I've just started C25K (week 3) and I'm using an armband phone holder...except my arms are too fat so I loop it around my lower arm and loosely hold in my hand. The strap stops it slipping and isn't awkward.

I feel much safer with my phone because if I fall over/need medical attention then I can just ring instead of waiting for someone nice enough to come help me!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.