Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Running Shorts

CatPeach · 25/06/2020 12:43

I’m sure this has been done before but I had a look and can’t see a recent thread.

Has anyone got any recommendations for running shorts that actually stay in place and dont ride up? I’ve got chunky legs but dont really care about getting them out. I just want to feel comfortable in this heat!

Most I’ve seen online have pretty bad reviews.

Or even some nice cropped leggings?

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

AuntieStella · 25/06/2020 12:57

Decathlon - excellent VFM, sensible cut, good fabric (doesn't go see through) pockets and drawstrings

www.decathlon.co.uk/C-825609-womens-running-shorts

Most readily available in very large sizes -online only Contra (parkrun's range, an ethical brand and more expensive)

contra-movement.com/collections/womens-bottoms

Please
or

UltimateWednesday · 25/06/2020 13:13

I've been through loads and rarely find anything properly comfortable. They all seem so short and, although I'm not bothered about showing my legs, I need them to cover the fleshy bit of my thighs to avoid chafing.

In all but the very hottest weather I stick with 3/4 leggings. Cycle style shorts are best but often they are also too short.

My current best shorts (ie not cycle shorts) are 7in ones from Ron Hill.

Please
or

Spudlet · 25/06/2020 13:16

The best ones I have are Decathlon tennis shorts, and then I sew gripper elastic around the top of the legs. I wear a looser fitting pair of shorts on top, as the tennis shorts alone are a bit see-through (they’re meant to be worn under a tennis dress).

I have a pair of Salomon two-in-one shorts but not very impressed with them, to be honest. I don’t think I’ll bother with Salomon kit again - so I’d steer clear of them.

Please
or

Coulddowithanap · 25/06/2020 17:48

I have a couple of pairs from decathalon that are nice.

Please
or

actiongirl1978 · 25/06/2020 18:03

Lulu lemon run2 shorts. I have two pairs, 6 yrs old good as new. Never ride up and have built in modesty knickers things. I love them.

Please
or

Neolara · 25/06/2020 18:09

I have sweaty Betty power shorts. They don't ride up.

Please
or

RedLlama · 27/06/2020 19:48

Lucy locket loves has got cycling style shorts, which are amazing and stay in place.

Please
or

BogRollBOGOF · 28/06/2020 12:03

Decathlon has a range of options.
Run Mummy Run also has a really good skort with mid-length cycling shorts/ skirt layer.
I hate shorts that roll up into hotpants and permit leg chaffing.

Please
or

Squiz81 · 28/06/2020 18:26

I love my decathlon shorts, very comfortable and have a little zipped pocket

Please
or

RooKangaroo · 28/06/2020 22:05

I like the Sweaty Betty Time Trial shorts. However, I think running shorts are very much about trial and error for each person; I've seen so many reviews where some people say X shorts ride up and Y don't, but other people say the opposite. It depends so much on leg length, shape, size, etc. Just like the fact that women can have a thigh gap or experience chafing whether they're slim or big, shorts for running will be a personal thing. You might need to try a few different ones, Op.

Please
or

BlueTuesday20 · 28/06/2020 22:14

these are great - www.marksandspencer.com/go-move-gym-shorts/p/clp60376048?color=BLACK

I think they keep restocking them so worth asking for email when back in stock

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.