Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What exercises can I do at home (unfit)?

Gadgnkk · 18/02/2020 21:45

I spend my time always looking after kids/dog and have got into a rut. Am overweight and feel crappy. Aside from walking dog, what exercises can I do at home? So that I don’t have to leave kids/dog. I can buy bits like weights but have no space for something like a rowing machine. Does anyone have any suggestions? Previously I have been fit, am strong, played sport etc. but that doesn’t really with my current situation of needing to be home. I am tall and strong and not fit and not agile!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TippledPink · 18/02/2020 21:46

Can you do a work out video on YouTube? That's what I do when I can't be bothered to leave the house. I do body combat or Joe Wicks 20 minute HIIT but there are plenty on Youtube to choose from.

Please
or

delilahbucket · 18/02/2020 21:48

Utilise your stairs? If your knees are ok!

Please
or

Gadgnkk · 18/02/2020 21:49

I hadn’t thought of youtube, thanks, I’ll look into it.

Should have put in op, am 40s and peri meno so no spring chicken!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ylvamoon · 18/02/2020 21:54

How old are DC? Can you "power walk" the dog and DC keep up with scooter/ bike?
Or if you start completely from scratch, do the 10,000 steps thing with 60minutes exercise per day. All phones have (inaccurate) step counters...

Please
or

abbs1 · 18/02/2020 21:58

I have loved doing popsugar on youtube. Has all sorts of levels and different exercises for all abilities. Not doing any at the moment as I'm pregnant but they are my favourite workouts. Will be doing them again once my little one is here.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.