My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Conception

anyone else been ttc for over 2 years?

53 replies

Madigan · 09/10/2006 11:10

Thought I might start a thread for anyone who has, like me, been ttc for a long time (nearly 3 years in my case).

Would also be great to hear from anyone who was ttc for long time, then got their bfp, to keep those positive vibes going ...

My stats:
Me - 34
DH - 36
TTC - nearly 3 years
DH - initially low sperm count (14 mil), now up to 60 mil (but 80% abnormal and borderline level of anti sperm antibodies)
Me - mild/moderate endometriosis (treated by laser in Oct 05)
Clomid: Dec 05-Feb 06 - BFN
IUI: Feb 06 and April 06 - BFN
Currently on 3rd cycle IUI (day 10 DPO)
If this doesn't work, IVF/ICSI in November 06 at ARGC.

Please join me for support in getting that elusive BFP ....

OP posts:
Sticki · 31/10/2006 12:03

fingers crossed here too.....!!!

katierocket · 31/10/2006 12:08

Just to say that I was trying for no2 for over 2 years (unexplained secondary infertility). Ended up going for IVF and it worked first time (aware how lucky we are). I really understand how grim it is and I wish you all the best of luck. It is so difficult to think that you will ever get there - but you will.

duchesse · 05/11/2006 19:54

Hi ladies, Just back from two weeks away, which was definitely a good thing in the circumstances. Can't decide though whether I really want to get back on the merry-go-round of am-I-aren't-I every month, but can't quite dump the hope junkie in me either. Also not keen at all on hormonal birth control, or on abandoning hope for a last child.

I cannot face joining any of the chirpier ttc threads, so I am sorry if I pop up here from time to time like a Greek chorus.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.