My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find baby name inspiration and advice on the Mumsnet Baby Names forum.

Baby names

Mercy’s middle name

57 replies

Spookypig · 19/11/2022 18:46

One of my favourite names, firmly on the list of potential names (I know it’s not popular on MN but we love it for personal reasons).

We have a few middle name ideas but wanted some ideas about what middle names you think sound beautiful with Mercy?

Thank you!

OP posts:
Hadtocomment · 25/11/2022 21:39

I like the name Mercy and whilst the poster further up made some very interesting points about the meaning, I actually think it's refreshing to have girls names that aren't just flowers and baubles or various words meaning pretty or beautiful, but are more complicated concepts.

For me a long middle name sounds best with Mercy. I liked Mercy Elizabeth and Mercy Susannah of the suggestions on this thread. So Mercy Victoria sounds good to me. Or Mercy Katherine. Not so keen on Mercy Jemima or Mercy Anneliese, even though I like both those names. Just feels like the others flow better. If you are wanting to include both my vote is Mercy Katherine Victoria or Mercy Kate Victoria of the options you list above.

SortofChandra · 25/11/2022 21:43

Mercy Marie

ladygindiva · 25/11/2022 21:45

I think a nice traditional long name like
Mercy Victoria
Mercy Elizabeth
Mercy Catherine
Mercy Eleanor
Mercy Genevieve
Mercy Alexandra

ladygindiva · 25/11/2022 21:46

Mercy Juliet is GORGEOUS

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 26/11/2022 00:17

Just choose a different first name entirely, if your surname happens to be Ferry Grin

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 26/11/2022 00:21

I suppose you could take it one stage further and give her the name 'Merciful' on her BC - still known everyday just as 'Mercy' - which I think sounds really cool.

Only problem is, people might hear it and spell it 'Mercival' and assume you wanted a boy to call Percival!

notangelinajolie · 26/11/2022 00:36

Mercy Margaret

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.