My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask what your inappropriate crushes are?

89 replies

AmIFalling · 07/11/2018 09:59

NC for this one.

I am happily married with a DS aged 4. He has special needs and has people working with him to help support him.

One of his workers is amazing with DS, but I find myself thinking about him a lot and I go all funny and act really stupid around him. I have not had this since meeting DH. I actually think I'm falling for him.

I haven't and don't plan on doing anything about it. For many reasons:

1. he's working with my son and that would ruin that lovely relationship
  2. I actually think he's gay,
  3. I love my DH and would never hurt him
  4. he isn't my usual 'type' at all so I can't understand why I'm falling for him but I guess there's just no reason for it...

What strange and inappropriate crushes have you had? How do I snap myself out of this?

Help!
OP posts:
ThrownMuse · 07/11/2018 10:04

I have a couple of historical ones, so no longer living. One is so massively weird and beyond inappropriate that I can never tell anyone!

The other is Henry VIII...

MissionItsPossible · 07/11/2018 10:16

The Beast from The Chase though I’ve gone off him since learning he married his second cousin half his age.

When I was younger it was Scar from the Lion King Blush

Idontbelieveinthemoon · 07/11/2018 10:22

DS1 had a teacher a few years ago who was just delicious. I'm not one for crushes but he was lovely. I see him occasionally at the gym and he always comes and has a chat to ask how DS1 is, he's so nice it hurts!

DirtyLittleCrush · 07/11/2018 10:23

NC here too. I’m assuming from your post, OP, that you mean people that you know rather than celebs.

Mine is one if my friends husbands Blush. We are both married, many children between us but I do get the heebs off him when I’m with him. No one is going to get hurt though and im not about to leave my husband as it’s all locked away in my head forever and ever.

sits day dreaming

AmIFalling · 07/11/2018 10:28

@DirtyLittleCrush that's the thing, it actually hurts how much I like him. And I have to see him nearly every day 😭 And the fact he has no idea and would never be interested makes me pine even more. Sigh.

OP posts:
ThrownMuse · 07/11/2018 10:33

Ah, ok, in which case....there's a chap at work that I get quite nervous around. Nothing would happen obviously, but he's just lovely.

Physically, politically, intellectually, culturally...but as others have said, all in my head, locked away for ever and ever...

BananasAreTheSourceOfEvil · 07/11/2018 10:35

Jeremy Kyle

He’s so... angry and shouty... 😍

AmIFalling · 07/11/2018 10:35

@ThrownMuse I'm interested in all of the crushes - your Henry VIII and the other 'different' crushes have really made me smile (I've had a testing morning so thank you!)

OP posts:
AmIFalling · 07/11/2018 10:37

Scar and JK also have me chuckling to myself 😂😂 thank you 

OP posts:
BusterTheBulldog · 07/11/2018 10:42

Am another with a head crush Blush. In my head, I’ve also won the lottery, have an amazing house and have had some minor cosmetic surgery, I do love day dreaming about it all at the moment! Blush

DirtyLittleCrush · 07/11/2018 10:45

@AmIFalling

Your scenario is similar to mine. I see him a lot and try to be cool and calm. I don’t know if it’s worked (I hope so).

sonotgoingout · 07/11/2018 10:46

NC here too. Mine is Ds2 friend's dad. DH also knows him through their social circle and work colleagues although they aren't friends.

He is delicious. Goodlooking, smart, hard working, witty and excellent father and husband. His wife is ambitious, successful and headstrong unlike me.

I've never told anyone and don't intend on ever acting on these feelings as he is happily married as am I. But yes I like him so much it hurts. Its been a year and a half and still can't shake it off.

I do the school run a little later so I avoid running into him. We don't talk but pass a friendly smile if we ever see each other. I have noticed he occasionally holds his gaze a few seconds longer than necessary. Nothing will ever happen.

DirtyLittleCrush · 07/11/2018 10:47

@BusterTheBulldog

In my head I’m also slim and beautiful, rich and have a beautiful house, but reality argues otherwise!!!

WithAFaeryHandInHand · 07/11/2018 10:47

Disney’s Aladdin and Simba when he’s an adult lion were my crushes when I was younger Blush.

Also Jeff Goldblum Confused.

Mummaluelae · 07/11/2018 10:48

Someone I went to school with (when we was at school we didn't know each other existed he was year above me)
I haven't seen him in over 4 years. I had a one night stand with him. We always saw each other when out with our own friends, said hello ect. We had mutual friends. We will never see each other, hes on my instagram. The latest pic he posted I was just like wow. His eyes!
I'm happy with my partner and will never see that guy again anyway

bobstersmum · 07/11/2018 10:51

Karl Pilkington!

ThrownMuse · 07/11/2018 10:54

Ah, happy to oblige, Falling.

You would not laugh at the other crush!

bobstersmum · 07/11/2018 10:56

Muse, you have to tell us.

WhyDidIEatThat · 07/11/2018 10:56

I used to fancy our priest, he was about a thousand years old. At the other extreme I once had, not so much a crush on more a sort of raw lust for mowgli in the 1942 jungle book film, still don’t think I could watch it without masturbating. Made me very anxious that I had some sort of paraphilia involving young people.

ThrownMuse · 07/11/2018 11:05

Well, after hearing about Why wanking over Mowgli...

Honestly, I can't, it's up there with Hitler.

WhyDidIEatThat · 07/11/2018 11:07

Oh god please let’s not go there, not Hitler himself but there have been others (disclaimer: have legit diagnosis of a disorder involving bouts of hypersexuality)

AmIFalling · 07/11/2018 11:09

Thousand year old priest and Mowgli... I'm howling 😂😂

@WithAFaeryHandInHand I'm with you re Jeff goldblum!

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

AmIFalling · 07/11/2018 11:10

@ThrownMuse go on pleeeeeeeeease?

OP posts:
ThrownMuse · 07/11/2018 11:11

Exactly, Why. Best we leave it there!

IndigoSpritz · 07/11/2018 11:11

A barmaid at my local pub. I'm easily old enough to be her father. I know, it's awful. Guilt etc.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.