My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Has Anyone Ever Been on Jeremy Kyle or Know Anyone Who Has?

75 replies

strawberrisc · 09/10/2018 18:15

I’m just wondering about the bit at the end where he says they continue to work with families. AIBU to think this can’t be true? There are too many of them!

OP posts:
Methe · 09/10/2018 18:18

Who would admit to that?

Jimdandy · 09/10/2018 18:22

I read another thread about this ages ago and the concensus was the after care is non-existent.

I don’t know anyone that’s been on it myself though.

sunshineandshowers21 · 09/10/2018 18:29

a girl who was in my year at school was on it to find out if her boyfriend was her baby’s dad. he wasn’t and jeremy kyle offered for her to come back with the other potential dad (yes, i watched it purely to be nosey 🙈). she never went back though.

strawberrisc · 09/10/2018 18:29

@Jimdandy - Ooh I’ll try and find it. I did try a search!

OP posts:
Jimdandy · 09/10/2018 18:31

I can’t remeber if it was on here or the moneysavingexpert or netmums message board (not that I’m an addict or anything 😂😂😂)

Whatififall · 09/10/2018 18:32

I once met a man in a pub in Manchester who quite proudly told me he’d been on it! Showed me a picture of him and Jeremy.
It was a sad story really, his daughter had become addicted to mcat and they’d gone on for rehab. He didn’t have a bad word to say about it.

Osirus · 09/10/2018 18:33

I know someone who was on it but have no idea about the aftercare. He has sorted out his own problem now, and changed his life.

Babybearsporij · 09/10/2018 18:35

I know someone who went on, but don't know her well enough to ask about any follow up. They must do something if they advertise it though?

flossietoot · 09/10/2018 18:35

Have had a couple of ex service users from previous job roles go on it. They get taken in a taxi, given fags, and generally had a jolly wee day out and night away in premier inn. Apparently had a great time .

Feellikeimthemaid · 09/10/2018 18:38

Horrendous show, but at the same time a bit addictive. The thing that amazes me most is that so many of the contestants have such bad teeth, even the young ones. The amount of them that have just a few teeth in their mouth! Then there's the way they yell and holler at each other. I'd be mortified if someone I knew saw me on that show.

PipGoesPop · 09/10/2018 18:38

Can these people read?

HeyHoSwashbucklersGo · 09/10/2018 18:39

I’ve been in the audience! It must have been about 10 years ago when I was at uni, a friend somehow got some tickets and we went to watch it being filmed. I can’t actually remember anything about the people on it, I think it was a DNA results one, I don’t remember any fighting or anything so I think the families must have got the results they wanted.

unexpectedtwist · 09/10/2018 18:41

Kind of.

I used to work for an organisation that had various projects including a DV hostel. Due to staff sickness I spent a couple of days in that office.

One of the residents - against her support worker's advice - told me her life story and that she was going on JK to prove her ex was her kid's father. The same ex she was in the hostel avoiding Confused

Shortly after that my colleague told me she'd gone ahead and that the ex was the dad and they'd got back together! ConfusedConfused

FrancesHaHa · 09/10/2018 18:45

I've known a few service users at work who had been on it in the past. One told me they got a chat out the back and no follow up after.

In this case it was just as well as they were advising they would be seen together, which given it was a high risk domestic violence situation would have been completely inappropriate. I don't think the people on the programme had identified the DV though.

marciagetscreamed · 09/10/2018 18:45

Yes!! Years ago, a girl I went to school with was on the show and her mum was telling her to stop having children with different men.

It was quite the town scandal.

Years and years ago I think I would have found it morbidly fascinating and even a bit funny?

Now I see JK for what it is - an awfully depressing and exploitative example of 'entertainment'.

TidyDancer · 09/10/2018 18:51

My cousin went on it. IIRC it was something to do with her junkie boyfriend. I don't think there was any aftercare for him but this could well be because he wouldn't engage with it.

A friend's sister also went on. I can't remember why now but she said the childcare was terrible and they didn't change her DS's nappy once.

funnylittlefloozie · 09/10/2018 18:55

I know 2 people who have been on this programme. The show does provide "aftercare", but its not exclusively with Graham (who is creepy AF, if you ask me)

DaftCat · 09/10/2018 18:58

Last I was in hospital with last year was on it with her children. One of her kids had had 6 babies taken away at birth.
Aftercare is non existent according to her. She was furious with it all.

DaftCat · 09/10/2018 18:58

Lady. Not last

MrsStrowman · 09/10/2018 19:04

Some of my service users have. One in particular five times, for reasons to do with them and other family members. Thry definitely had follow up contact and they referred the person for alcohol treatment , which was prohibitively expensive to access in any other way, but it worked.

EnglishRose13 · 09/10/2018 19:04

I've been in the audience. Does that count?

YeTalkShiteHen · 09/10/2018 19:06

MrsStrowman that’s really good. I’m glad that shitshow is good for something at least!

I knew someone who went on Trisha once, to come out. Total shock and he made out he couldn’t tell any of his friends or family because we’d disown him (bullshit!)

About spat my breakfast out when he went on stage though!

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

eatingtomuch · 09/10/2018 19:07

I know a family that went on. It was all a set up, they actually wasn't bothered the uncle was a stripper but pretended they were!!

WhatthehellisplanB · 09/10/2018 19:08

A bloke I went to school with was on the JK medical show.
With premature ejaculation.
As far as I remember, Jeremy kept saying how amazing he and his wife were. He did get to talk to the shows doctor and was checked by him, was then told to speak to his local GP.
Fair to say he was the subject of much gossip!

Don't know how someone can go on a program like that and have his personal problem broadcast to the UK. Especially as the end result was what he should have done in the first place-go to the GP!

Walkerbean16 · 09/10/2018 19:10

Someone i used to work with was on their with her son. She has funded his heroin habit for the 20+ years i have known her and was trying to get him help, they sent him to rehab but he left.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.