Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Recommend slippers to me please!

biggirlknickers · 23/09/2022 19:14

They need to have some structure, as I have bad feet, and he super comfy (obviously) and not be lined with that horrible slippery furry stuff that all the supermarket slippers seem to have right now.

I’m prepared to pay decent money for decent slippers but I need pointing to them please!

OP's posts:
Please
or

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER · 23/09/2022 19:31

I absolutely love my sheepskin house boots (from Celtic sheepskin - made in Cornwall.).
I have them on for the first time since the spring, since it’s gone a bit chilly.
Celtic sheepskin also make lots of more trad.sheepskin slippers.

Please
or

saveforthat · 23/09/2022 19:36

Try fitflop for supportive slippers. They are often in the sale. I have bad feet/knees/back and nearly all my shoes are fitflop and I have some slippers too.

Please
or

CleopatrasBeautifulNose · 23/09/2022 19:45

Moshulu - a good solid base so they're great for nipping to the bin or just not being floppy.
They are made with wool so don't get sweaty and aren't slippy.
Choice of mule, slipper or boot. Last really well mine are ancient now and still going strong, I wash them in the machine.
No arch support but I don't think you'll get that in any slipper.

Please
or

Fluffyowl00 · 23/09/2022 19:47

Birkenstock Zermatt. Last years.

Please
or

HundredYearsOfSolitude · 23/09/2022 19:48

Came on to second Fitflop slippers, really comfy and last for ages. The 'Chrissie' ones are the type I've got. Highly recommended!

Please
or

Baldrickhasaplan · 23/09/2022 19:51

I’ve got these from Giesswein. I thought them incredibly expensive but 2 years on and they’re still excellent. They’re warm, supportive and very comfortable.

uk.giesswein.com/collections/all-slippers-women/products/wool-clog?variant=39901913841725&color=grey-017

Please
or

Yorkshiregold · 23/09/2022 20:11

I love my north face slippers, well worth the money, they last for ages.
www.thenorthface.co.uk/shop/en-gb/tnf-gb/footwear-women-slippers-mules

Please
or

saveforthat · 23/09/2022 21:07

CleopatrasBeautifulNose · 23/09/2022 19:45

Moshulu - a good solid base so they're great for nipping to the bin or just not being floppy.
They are made with wool so don't get sweaty and aren't slippy.
Choice of mule, slipper or boot. Last really well mine are ancient now and still going strong, I wash them in the machine.
No arch support but I don't think you'll get that in any slipper.

You certainly can get arch support in slippers. Even M&S do them.

Please
or

dudsville · 23/09/2022 21:09

Fluffyowl00 · 23/09/2022 19:47

Birkenstock Zermatt. Last years.

I second this they're really affordable. I don't know if they last years as I've only had mine a few months. I've worn socks with mine this week and my feet have been very cosy!

Please
or

PinkTonic · 23/09/2022 21:12

I’m getting Birkenstocks. Normally I’d just carry on my wearing normal ones with my toes out, but since the house will be at a lower temperature this winter I’m planning more coverage.

Please
or

HyggeTygge · 23/09/2022 21:13

I can't wear clog type ones, I need them to go all the way round my foot.
Totes Isoflex have been brilliant, although i feel all foamy cushiony ones get a bit flattened over time.

Please
or

StopDrivingIntoMyFence · 23/09/2022 21:15

Celtic & Co sheepskin bootee slippers. I think these are the best slippers. All those lovely colours too!

Please
or

moggerhanger · 23/09/2022 21:18

I love my Gumbies. I have the boot variety DH has some mule-type ones that he also likes.

Please
or

Bodice · 23/09/2022 21:20

I always get Ugg boots. Not their designated slippers. The original ones. Super comfy, warm, sturdy and last a good few years.

Please
or

JoanThursday · 23/09/2022 21:26

I love Haflinger slippers. You can get them in the UK on the Shoe Garden website, and on Amazon too. I like the felt ones: my feet go 'aaaaah!!' when I put them on!

Please
or

doodlejump1980 · 23/09/2022 21:29

Another vote for moshulu here

Please
or

Barleysugar86 · 23/09/2022 21:30

www.corkycraft.com/en/sheepskin-slippers/pantufa-borrego-seia.html

These are the best slippers you will ever buy in your life and incredibly reasonably priced. Your feet just sit in a little soft sheepskin cocoon. I rebuy them every year and wear until they fall apart. You need to order one up from your usual size though as the sheepskin inside is thick.

Please
or

Mol1628 · 23/09/2022 21:32

I like cheap shoe zone slippers! They have lots of different types.

Please
or

notdaddycool · 23/09/2022 21:32

Was fed up of going through about 3 sets of fat face Christmas slippers a year working from home so got these and they’re great. Will pay for themselves in av year or two. mahabis.com/collections/summer-showcase

Please
or

Rufffles · 23/09/2022 21:37

www.catherinetough.co.uk/products/yellow-triangles-lambswool-sheepskin-slippers

I've had about 10 pairs of these in a row. I love the designs. They're ridiculously comfy. Eventually they die, but to be honest I've spent about 18 hours a day in them every day, so fair play!

Please
or

hairymuffet · 23/09/2022 21:42

Nordika slippers

Please
or

JuniperBerry1 · 23/09/2022 21:58

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/haflinger-grizzly-torben-slippers/?aid=2d2e5122ca64975bf630ec2d7b84ee58&pid=10004&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsrWZBhC4ARIsAGGUJupDWEysvYV0W2Zz2ljx-UBLcxIIJJ9Bm2PCVq-2dObTelToE1JJa4waAueSEALwwcB&wtt_mc=uk.pla.google_uk.18006637156..

I have a high arch so need support in slippers. I have these (onto my second pair now in 7 years. They last really well - just turns out they are not puppy proof!)

Please
or

Huckleberries73 · 23/09/2022 22:00

My gumbies are at least 6 years old, good outside to inside slippers - worn daily and still doing really well.

expensive but tick every box for me

Please
or

Devonchills · 23/09/2022 23:25

Sketchers slippers
Best slippers ever!

Please
or

meadowbleu · 23/09/2022 23:42

Another Fitflop Chrissie fan. I have the Pom Pom ones and love them so much I’ve bought a second pair as back up.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?