Talk

Advanced search

Something has happened with TERF blocker because of Madigan

(74 Posts)
SonicVersusGynaephobia Mon 19-Mar-18 08:22:48

On twitter, but I don't understand it - please can someone explain? Madigan has said something (about neo-liberals) that TERF blocker says is homophobic and so they've shut it down.

I'm so confused

KateAdiesEarrings Mon 19-Mar-18 08:24:46

I caught the end of this playing out on Twitter but couldn't work out what had happened.

PlowerOfScotland Mon 19-Mar-18 08:26:54

TERF Blocker seemed to click just how homophobic TRAs are after Madigan put the boot into gay men.

GabeIsShocking Mon 19-Mar-18 08:30:38

Was was LM going after Lord Michael Cashman after all stonewall did, including last weeks witch finder general search of the HOC?

Tralalee Mon 19-Mar-18 08:35:44

She said something about how we shouldn't drag ourselves to the place occupied by privileged rich white gay cis men (neoliberals)

KateAdiesEarrings Mon 19-Mar-18 09:04:09

Ah, ok. What a talent for alienating support. In one weekend, they've come out as lesbian (again); been intolerant of non-binary and slagged off gay white men.
LM is wreaking so much havoc on LGBT unity and the Labour Party, that they could be a professional saboteur.

OvaHere Mon 19-Mar-18 09:08:44

LM is wreaking so much havoc on LGBT unity and the Labour Party, that they could be a professional saboteur.

To be honest I've sort of suspected this for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually 'come out' properly as a 4chan plant complete with frog meme avatar.

GabeIsShocking Mon 19-Mar-18 09:11:03

What will labour, Cashman, Osborne and the unnatural hair brigade do when this falls apart? Act like victims and be out competed?

EllieMe Mon 19-Mar-18 09:54:12

Does anyone have a link to all the grubby details?

PiggyPoos Mon 19-Mar-18 09:56:17

Prick News have posted all the screen shots

UpstartCrow Mon 19-Mar-18 11:08:40

I was blocked by terfblocker for saying trans activism is homophobic. But then I was talking about lesbians confused

Link;
twitter.com/PrickNews/status/975519022598025217

AreYouTerfEnough Mon 19-Mar-18 11:15:38

Omg, handbags at dawn 😂😂😂

Terftastic Mon 19-Mar-18 11:16:03

I've just put this on another thread - I must say, I found it glorious. They are eating themselves:-

It's bloody hilarious.

It's the funniest thing since ManFriday went swimming in the men's pool. (The funniest thing before that was the meeting going ahead in the HOC) grin

Madigan tweeted something about neoliberals and rich cis white gay men being privileged and transphobic. So TERFblocker said "Hey, that's homophobic" - and Madigan talked about "naming oppression" - then a few others were charging in and all arguing - some getting agonising splinters on their bum at the sheer horror of the transphobe-homophobe war of Sunday March 18th 2018.

Then TERFblocker accidentally misgendered someone. Then I think TERFblocker actually blocked Madigan. Then TERFblocker deleted himself.

Sandy's done a fab cartoon.

twitter.com/I_Hickathrift/status/975654023322853376

twitter.com/smanningsw/status/975661116360740864

Lots of people also commenting how rampant lesbophobia was just fine with old TERFblocker - but then Lily came for the gay cis men.....

washthoseclothes Mon 19-Mar-18 11:22:30

Can someone let me know:

So is LM now lesbian trans women or gay male? What happens to the trans status? Is this just about LM being able to self identify however LM wants?

Why is LM mentioning her mother? Is LM trying to shame her mother publicly?

How can LM have a website or list of twitter accounts that LM has blocked, then details of these people that LM is blocking are being promoted by LM on social media?

How can LM list people's names in a different form and add their data to a published link without their express consent?

On these lists how can LM do this, collecting their data and then say in Twitter that no one LM represents is in that list?
angry

This is unbelievable shit.

CadyHeron Mon 19-Mar-18 11:28:29

My head hurts trying to make sense of this grin
Can someone do a quick Summary for Dummies Guide (I know Twitter well, but what the fk is TERFblocker account, what the hell's happened as I'm lost lol

MaidOfStars Mon 19-Mar-18 11:31:00

My understanding, implied from the conflict, is that Terfblocker is run by a gay man who has thus far ignored homophobia against females but is having a paddy when it’s against males.

washthoseclothes Mon 19-Mar-18 11:34:04

Yes a quick summary would be good for people not fully aware of twitter goings on smile

PiggyPoos Mon 19-Mar-18 11:37:36

Lily is a trans lesbian I think.

The same way if I self IDed as a man I'd be a gay man.

All makes perfect sense you see?

UpstartCrow Mon 19-Mar-18 11:39:15

Summary;

- A TERF is a person who knows that a penis is not a female organ.

- TERFblocker was a Twitter account that ran a block list.

- A 'block list' is a way of blocking a lot of accounts all in one go. People can subscribe to a block list and then they will no longer see any of the tweets made from people on the list.

- There was a Girl Guide group on the TERFblocker list so the system was not perfect.

- TERFblocker was made by a gay man, he used to ignore homophobia if it was by trans people against lesbians, and he'd add women who challenged it to the TERFblocker list instead.

I'm not sure that makes things any clearer. Its all batshit anyway.

PositivelyPERF Mon 19-Mar-18 11:44:34

Basically a gay TIM is a man who identifies as a lesbian so he has an excuse to stick his penis into a lesbian woman’s vagina. Fuck, I’m glad I’m not a lesbian. It’s fucking difficult enough being a woman with all this TRA crap going on, I can’t imagine what horrible pressure young lesbians are under.

PiggyPoos Mon 19-Mar-18 11:46:04

It's beyond batshit.

Lily was upset by being searched by a man at a night club but he checked first the man was actually a man not a woman

But if it would have been a Man self iding as a woman that would be fine because they'd have a lady peen.

I could search him but if I self ided as a man that would be so uncool and very transphobic.

washthoseclothes Mon 19-Mar-18 15:09:57

Ok thanks for the summary and yes batshit unseen.

Is it ok from a data perspective for LM to be promoting this blocked list and also listing and promoting people's actual names - rather than just their twitter handles?

Does she not need to obtain some form of consent from those on the list?

Also I don't get how she can really assert that no one person on the list is someone she represents as women officer.

KateAdiesEarrings Mon 19-Mar-18 15:56:21

I can't wait for the day when LM calls out OJ for being white,cis and gay. That will be the day when the house of cards comes tumbling down.

CadyHeron Mon 19-Mar-18 16:00:37

Thanks for the summary smile
It's all absolute batshit.

PerfPower Mon 19-Mar-18 16:41:21

I mentioned this on another thread earlier but I think that thread was pulled. I'm on his blocked list, my full name as that's my twitter handle, I'm not remotely controversial on there so I didn't think it mattered. I have never interacted with LM so I think I've been blocked for liking feminist posts. I wasn't bothered about the block, and this morning I wasn't bothered about being named, but I've since had two friends (via facebook) ask me why I'm blocked. Who can I complain to?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: