Talk

Advanced search

Women's Place UK website hacked

(54 Posts)
Ketkins Thu 08-Feb-18 21:39:28

After less than 24hrs up A Women's Place UK website has been hacked. The lengths the TRAs will go to in order to silence us never fails to amaze me.
On a brighter note it seems the 'protestors' in Bristol couldn't find the meeting...

DrudgeJedd Thu 08-Feb-18 21:44:59

Twats. Their misogyny couldn't be any more obvious.
I've been following the Bristol meeting on Twitter, sounds like a great night.

GuardianLions Thu 08-Feb-18 21:57:29

Its so pathetic and so MRA. Like F4J hacking mumsnet

OvaHere Thu 08-Feb-18 21:59:30

shock What happened to it?

GuardianLions Thu 08-Feb-18 22:01:25

Changing the pages to irrelevant content

PidgeonPodge Thu 08-Feb-18 22:03:27

Sadly not surprising.

OlennasWimple Thu 08-Feb-18 22:04:08

All those TRAs who work in tech rearing their heads again angry

OvaHere Thu 08-Feb-18 22:15:19

I guess it's just revenge for all those evil rad fems who do the same to their websites...except....wait a minute they don't actually do things like that do they? angry

Note to TRAs - your male is showing through.

AngryAttackKittens Thu 08-Feb-18 22:25:12

Can we please stop pretending that these are nice people who just want to be allowed to live their lives in peace now, mummy/Rat/Lunar?

Destinysdaughter Thu 08-Feb-18 22:53:37

They also created a fake Twitter profile with the same name and tweeted, Transwomen are women!

OvaHere Thu 08-Feb-18 22:59:13

Guess they are running scared now with people peaking all over the place.

Now maybe if they could put together some coherent arguments....

Juzza12 Thu 08-Feb-18 23:01:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Terftastic Thu 08-Feb-18 23:05:41

Not remotely surprised sad - I'm surprised they haven't tried to hit MN tbh. Perhaps they have - but MN is a bit more protected after the Jeff hack?

I am confident Womens Place will keep on keeping on <sigh>

ExFunFeminist Thu 08-Feb-18 23:31:45

The techy MRAs are rattled by the excellent work of WPUK. They know reasoned debate is a threat to their men's sexual rights movement activism. As the word gets out they lose clout.

Nickynackynoodle Thu 08-Feb-18 23:37:20

They didn’t find the meeting, which is a shame for the hordes of balaclava clad trans activists they had stirred up on Facebook.

Lol. Fuck off guys, you won’t stop us.

Great night in Bristol and a hugely rousing speech from a welsh lady.

Terftastic Thu 08-Feb-18 23:46:43

I'm very pleased to hear the WPUK event in Bristol went peacefully. I'm definitely not laughing at the TRAs failing to find them. Oh no, not at all.

I had a nosy at #WPUK and it seems the TRA protesters who planned to protest the meeting are 'Sisters Uncut Bristol' on Facebook. Let us not dwell on the hugely cynical use of the word "Uncut" in their name, and it's connotations with FGM, for now - but I checked out their FB page. There are a number of comments along the lines of "Silencing women is misogyny and you should be ashamed of yourselves" - which is heartening star

BahHumbygge Thu 08-Feb-18 23:56:02

Hoping the protestors enjoyed the benedictions of the wonderful west country rain we were blessed with tonight looking in vain for the venue grin

Waves at everyone else who was there wine

LizzieSiddal Fri 09-Feb-18 00:01:10

These people just can’t help showing us what nasty little bullies they are, can they?

Weezol Fri 09-Feb-18 00:02:30

Is it the pink ladybrain that TRA's speak of that makes them incapable of reading a map? But then, if they had a blue boybrain they'd be incapable of asking for directions.

Gosh, it is really very complicated. Maybe they just twirl around on the spot like glittery rainbow dervishes...

hipsterfun Fri 09-Feb-18 01:23:16

Oh, I think they got near, but weren’t able to park, due to their ladylike poor spatial awareness.

NaturalWoman Fri 09-Feb-18 07:11:21

Exposing their fragile male egos all over the place.

Destinysdaughter Fri 09-Feb-18 10:45:09

Just saw this on Twitter. Wow

SpartacusWasHere Fri 09-Feb-18 10:49:57

That's strange I was suddenly compelled to go and make a donation to them. Weird how that can happen sometimes.

AngryAttackKittens Fri 09-Feb-18 11:03:56

Is there any political organization that it's a crime to be a member of in the UK? Or is Giuliana suggesting that a new law be created just for Women's Place?

Maybe we can call it the Uppity Women law.

Ekphrasis Fri 09-Feb-18 11:05:58

Ffs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: