Talk

Advanced search

THE 2018 -WHITGIFT-TRINITY-DULWICH-ALLEYNS- CATERHAM- THREAD

(12 Posts)
Firefox1066 Sat 06-Jan-18 14:02:15

I cant believe that it was just 3 years ago when I started this same thread for DS1. He did 10+ for W & T, got offers from both and we eventually chose W. He is loving it there and thriving.

I thought I'd start the thread again. Hopefully this will be in exactly as the others have been with hand holding support and general camaraderie as we go through the ups and downs of the process.

So I'll start....It is now DS2's turn and he sat W 10+ on Thursday. Didn't get any sense out of him regarding the exam and the more I probed, the more vague it got!! But he seemed happy enough.

How did everybody else's DS's find the respective exams?

MeetieVonWrinkleSqueak Sun 07-Jan-18 08:27:56

Hi firefox, there are a few of us on a thread already - come and join us!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/secondary/3131480-So-wheres-this-years-Trinity-Whitgift-Dulwich-Alleyns-thread

Puddinglane12 Sun 07-Jan-18 10:15:25

Hi there, all the best to your DS. They are all the same, we had similar with my DS a few years ago. This year it’s DD’s turn. She has one exam tomorrow and one on Saturday left to do. Someone started a thread elsewhere, here is the link, hope it works

So where's this years Trinity/Whitgift/Dulwich/Alleyns thread

Puddinglane12 Sun 07-Jan-18 10:17:27

Meetie, you beat me to it. Don’t know how I missed your post, and your link actually works, unlike mine smile

Catchmum2017 Mon 15-Jan-18 23:35:20

Hi everyone
My DS appeared for both W and T for 11+. He already had his interview with W last week and has got his T interview next week.

Regarding W interview , DS was interviewed for almost 15/20 minutes with lots of maths questions followed by English and science . He was asked generally about himself as well . His interview was taken in the boarding house ( rings a bell reading somewhere in the old forums it’s not a good news ) We tried to ask the interviewer about his performance . He didn’t say much about it except that offcourse he has done well that’s why he has been called for an interview ! No details as such was given ( for 10+ last year we exactly knew how much he had scored and what was his overall ranking so knew a offer was definite for him- being a full fees we rejected ) .
They asked us why whitgift . We were prepared for the question but somehow the interviewer was relunctant to give away much details on his actual performance . That makes us a bit nervous . DS has applied to local GS’s and has cleared all of them he has appeared and he seemed to be pretty confident about his performance in written exam as well as interview .
However the no information act by the interviewer gives us a vibes that it might not be a good news for him.
Anyone has got the same “ no info “ provided by them and still got any offers ?

Peanut1969 Wed 17-Jan-18 22:52:47

Our ds has 12+ interview next week. He's not naturally gifted at ball sports but interested in music. Any tips for the interview.

Emma303 Tue 30-Jan-18 17:30:02

When do we hear about places with whitgift? Was it on the 7th of Feb? Does anyone no if it's by email or post. I'm getting so anxious now x

Peanut1969 Wed 31-Jan-18 22:39:44

Results out for W by post 8th so won't know until Friday 9th🤣

Emma303 Wed 31-Jan-18 23:12:48

Oh no I was hoping it might be an email. This has been the longest wait of my life 😂

Abena456 Fri 09-Feb-18 20:52:31

Received a letter today from whitgift saying my DS has been placed on a waiting list and that we will receive a letter by the 9th of March for update. Has anyone received such letter.

Abena456 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:10:39

Received a letter today from whitgift saying my DS has been placed on a waiting list. Had to wait for a month

MrsPatmore Sat 10-Feb-18 06:49:00

Abena look for the other Whitgift thread linked to above. It has hundreds of posts on for this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now