Advanced search

Twins! Name to go with Sienna please?

(55 Posts)
Jenniferb21 Sun 05-Nov-17 22:06:38

Just found out I’m having identical twins! We have boy names ready and decided upon we love Sienna for a little girl but need a name for the other baby if they are girls.

We like Savannah but aren’t sure if it’s too similar. We also like Sophia but I’m not sure if either are quite right for us.

Our surname is Brown so quite boring!

Thank you all x

Salmonpinkcords Sun 05-Nov-17 22:17:57

Sienna and Eloise
Sienna and Coralee
Sienna and rose

I would not put sienna and savannah together
What are your boys names?

Neolara Sun 05-Nov-17 22:20:53

RavenWings Sun 05-Nov-17 22:21:48

Sienna Brown? You know Sienna is a shade of brown, right?

IVflytrap Sun 05-Nov-17 22:33:18

I do think Savannah is a bit too similar. If they're identicals, they may want some individuality. How about:

Jenniferb21 Sun 05-Nov-17 22:46:38

Well I love the name Isobel so maybe Isobel and Sienna.

I am so glad I posted on here i didn’t know Sienna was a shade of brown I’ve been put off a name I’ve always loved now hahaa!

Maybe I need a name to go with Isobel or Eliza or Sophia. 3 names I also love xxx

My boys names are Ezekiel and Elijah and we’re really set on them. X

manicinsomniac Sun 05-Nov-17 23:55:23

I have a Savannah so obviously love it but do think it's too similar to Sienna. Though I only really think that because of the S sound I think and, judging by your boy choices, you're quite keen (or at least unbothered) on alliteration so maybe Sienna and Savannah would work. If you're put off by the shade of brown you could use Savannah instead of Sienna?

Or, if you stick to Sienna and do want alliteration - Sienna and:
Saffron, Sorrell, Saskia, Cecily, Skye, Scarlett, Summer, Cecilia, Celeste, Sutton, Sylvia, Susannah, Samantha, Sapphire

Or, if you don't really want the 'matchy' thing - Sienna and:
Avery, Aubrey, Alyssa, Alexis, Abigail, Bryony, Bethan, Chloe, Cassidy, Callie, Charlotte, Devon, Darcey, Eden, Erin, Effie, Fallon, Georgie, Grace, Halle, Harper, Hope, India, Jade, Jasmine, Jessica, Jordan, Katie, Kristen, Katrina, Lacey, Lexi, Madison, Macey, Mika, Nicole, Nia, Natalia, Paige, Piper, Poppy, Quinn, Riley, Ruby, Romilly, Taryn, Tansy, Tia, Vivianne, Willow, Zia

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 06-Nov-17 08:29:06

Sienna and Scarlett
Sienna and Savannah
Sienna and Saskia
Sienna and Tessa
Sienna and Isla
Sienna and Elin
Sienna and Freya
Sienna and Aurelia

ThisNameNow Mon 06-Nov-17 08:43:20

I'd suggest avoiding clashing names but other than that just choosing the two names that you like the most. Choosing names that match or go together is not important.
If possible I'd also avoid choosing names with the same initials.

sidonie1 Mon 06-Nov-17 09:13:17

Sienna Miller's sister is called Savannah, so they're a bit of a celebrity pair if that sways your option either way. I think they sound really nice together but would probably go for slightly different names for id twins.

Helena17 Mon 06-Nov-17 09:30:23

Sandra and Sofia would be nice. Congratulations on your twins! smile

Smoliver Mon 06-Nov-17 10:33:39

I like Savannah and Sienna together. They're similar but I think there is distinction there too. I also love the Isobel - pretty and classic.

How about:

lunabear1 Mon 06-Nov-17 11:39:07

Sienna and Sophia is cute!

PandorasXbox Mon 06-Nov-17 12:32:20

I wouldn’t have another S name personally.

ILookedintheWater Mon 06-Nov-17 12:40:10

Ezekiel and didn't say that you wanted Hebrew/old testament names:

Ruth and Rachel
Miriam and Martha
Esther and Eve
Naomi and Norah

Carouselfish Mon 06-Nov-17 13:31:24

What about Sierra if you don't want Sienna now?
Other names in the same style ie. Southern States colonial.

Cheyenne (Shy enn)

Loveisthelaw Mon 06-Nov-17 13:49:31

As a painter, Sienna Brown is very much a colour. If that bothers you then Sierra might be a good alternative.
Or Cassia is similar (means cinnamon which is also brown I guess!)

starkid Mon 06-Nov-17 15:01:29

Out of the names you've mentioned I like Savannah, Eliza and Isobel. Sienna isn't great with the surname Brown sadly, which is a shame!

MerryMarigold Mon 06-Nov-17 15:04:43

I knew ID twins called Jessica and Jennifer. One was in my daughter's class for 2 years and whilst I could tell them apart I could never remember which name went with which child as just too similar. Don't do that to them.

Greentorch Mon 06-Nov-17 15:10:10

Jenniferb21 Mon 06-Nov-17 15:49:08

Thanks everyone for all your amazing advice some lovely suggestions and valid points about them sounding too similar and I think I’m going to have to forget Sienna because of the colour link now.

So glad I posted smile

Current fave is Eliza and Isobel I think.

LovelyBranches Mon 06-Nov-17 19:59:51

Glad you’ve changed your mind about Sienna, the first thing I thought of was the colour and I’m certainly not a painter.

Isobel and Eliza are beautiful names that go really well with your surname.

Growuphelen Mon 06-Nov-17 20:03:06

Eliza and Isobel are gorgeous together

EleanorXx Mon 06-Nov-17 20:18:49

Eliza and Isobel are gorgeous!

daisypond Mon 06-Nov-17 20:33:26

Eliza and Isobel are very nice. But I think they're both actually forms of the same name - Elizabeth - although they do seem very different names to us nowadays, just in case it could bother you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now