Talk

Advanced search

FUCK FUCK FUCK!! HELP!!

(87 Posts)
NC101010 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:46:01

I'm sat outside an office block ready to go in for an interview!

I haven't interviewed in 10 years!

I'm physically shaking! And will probably throw up as soon as I open my mouth!

I can't do this!

glasshalf Fri 23-Aug-19 16:46:38

Breathe , keep calm , nerves show!! Think before every answer you give. You have got this!!! Good luck!

MaureenSowerbutts Fri 23-Aug-19 16:46:52

Yes you can.

I got a job after ten years at home.

Go for it!

AmIThough Fri 23-Aug-19 16:47:08

Yes you can! If you throw up at least you won't have to wait for the awkward phone call afterwards.

You literally have nothing to lose.

Good luck!

M3lon Fri 23-Aug-19 16:47:16

I'd like to help, except that's how I felt too!

I got the job even though I stuttered and shook through the interview though!

camrose Fri 23-Aug-19 16:47:32

Yes, you can do it! Take a few deep breaths and maybe a quick read through if your cv again ( to focus your mind).

Good luck!!

SewingWarriorQueen76 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:47:44

Breathe, you've got this. They chose You for an interview.
Smile, take a breath before answering and don't be afraid to ask them to repeat a question.
Let us know how you do

Ritascornershop Fri 23-Aug-19 16:47:59

Just think of it as a practice interview. They will see loads of people, they’re used to nerves.

1wokeuplikethis Fri 23-Aug-19 16:48:44

Breathe!

Roll your shoulders back.

Head up.

You can do it, you’ve got as far as an interview because they like the sound of you already. They don’t want to catch you out.

In one or two hours it will all be over.

Chill!

MrsMozartMkII Fri 23-Aug-19 16:48:51

You can do it.

Think of all the things you've done and you've come through each one.

Sending you a handhold.

Auramigraine Fri 23-Aug-19 16:49:32

Aww OP breathe you will be fine. Promise. I got job after 4 years being at home, let us know how you get on!!

ssd Fri 23-Aug-19 16:49:43

Deep breath
You are a grown mature woman with loads of life experience
You would be an asset to any company
Deep breath, square your shoulders, chin up and go for it!!!

5foot5 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:49:57

Smile. Pause to think before you speak. Remember that they wouldn't have asked you for an interview if they thought you had no chance.

Funghi Fri 23-Aug-19 16:50:18

Assume you’re not going to get it and use it as experience for your next interview. This always made me relax and generally be much more open with the panel.

Cryalot2 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:50:19

Holding hand , good wishes.

beelover Fri 23-Aug-19 16:50:28

You can do this! Good luck, everything crossed for you. I'm another who was out of the workplace for years so know how you feel xx

AtrociousCircumstance Fri 23-Aug-19 16:51:33

You can do this! Slow breath in, hold for a second or two, slower breath out.

When you’re in there it will flow. Good luck!

RightYesButNo Fri 23-Aug-19 16:54:31

... tense and un-tense your buttocks under the table. I know it sounds insane confused but someone once recommended it to me as a way to distract yourself when you feel you’re about to start crying, and it can also work when you feel like panicking. Or if it doesn’t work directly, it may work indirectly, because you’ll feel ridiculous and that will override the panicking.

MissSueFlay Fri 23-Aug-19 16:54:42

Remember that you're interviewing them too - good luck!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Fri 23-Aug-19 16:55:26

Easy for me to say it, but Yes you can.
Don’t be afraid to tell them that you’re nervous. A good interviewer will be able to see past nerves.
Also it is only a job. In the grand scheme of things. What’s the worse thing that can happen. You may not get it.

LaMarschallin Fri 23-Aug-19 16:55:57

Don't do the thing of imagining them naked.
If they look anything like the people who've interviewed me over the years, you really will throw up.*

Crossing my fingers for you.

*I know that was nasty and, also, it's not true. But I was hoping it might make you smile. Crossing my fingers and rubbing my lucky horseshoe for you.

tensmum1964 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:56:18

Good luck. It may not be as bad as you think. X

JacquettaW Fri 23-Aug-19 16:56:20

Yes you can! You got an interview and that's more than most of the applicants got. When I arrived at mine for the job I have now, I was sat in a room with the other candidates that all had experience (one 25 years). I had none and I got the job. Good Luck! flowers

Badassmama Fri 23-Aug-19 16:56:58

m.youtube.com/watch?v=r7dWsJ-mEyI

Watch this and good luck!!

InvisibleWomenMustBeRead Fri 23-Aug-19 16:58:32

Deep breaths Op & go for it. You've done well to be invited for interview so they're obviously interested in you. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »