To enjoy watching America's Next Top Model?

(94 Posts)
Trixiebelle16 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:44:02

Ok I'm old, fat and straight so technically speaking there's nothing for me here but I'm addicted to it!!! Anyone else have this same bizarre taste?!

ALemonyPea Sun 12-Mar-17 22:45:46

I love it dahling. Not keen on the current series judges though, I much prefer the old ones, Nigel Barker, Janice and the two Jays.

Goosegettingfat Sun 12-Mar-17 22:46:54

Ooh, when and where is it on? Not seen it for ages!

Hellmouth Sun 12-Mar-17 22:47:26

I haven't watched it in years. For froth, I'll watch Say Yes to the Dress and Project Runway :D

Lolly86 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:47:37

I love the old ones with the Jays and Nigel Barker..

Magstermay Sun 12-Mar-17 22:49:23

Oh I thought it was just me grin, I am definitely not their target market but I love it! I do miss the Jays too though.

DramaAlpaca Sun 12-Mar-17 22:51:21

Oh I love it, it's my TV guilty pleasure. I probably shouldn't admit it, but I've seen every episode of every series since it first started. I preferred it in the early days though.

I love Project Runway and Say Yes to the Dress too.

Britain's Next Top Model starts next week - can't wait!

Trixiebelle16 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:51:54

11:00 am Saturday Sky Living HD. I record it. Am currently watching a girl yelling at another girl with blobs of cream on her face while her just dumped gay lover looks mortified. You couldn't make it up!

IamRonnieBiggs Sun 12-Mar-17 22:52:37

I love it but I miss Tyra and her smizing
The first few seasons were much much better though - would totally rewatch them all!

NotTheBelleoftheBall Sun 12-Mar-17 22:54:04

I miss Tyra too. She was so crazed and yet all her feedback was so astute. Love TyBa

HeyRoly Sun 12-Mar-17 22:56:37

Loved it. I got through so many series when I was pregnant and had a newborn.

But you know what's BETTER? Rupaul's Drag Race. It's on Netflix. Watch it grin

motheroreily Sun 12-Mar-17 22:59:02

Yes yes to rupaul's drag race I love his little motivational speeches.

I also love the old next top model and find Nigel barker very attractive hmm

Trixiebelle16 Sun 12-Mar-17 23:15:20

I found him a bit creepy!

ijustwannadance Sun 12-Mar-17 23:20:27

Don't think much of the current judges.
Love all the bitchiness in the house, which always looks a grubby mess.

Dixiestamp Mon 13-Mar-17 01:42:25

Is it on again? Ooh, I loved Miss J- and sort of fancied Mr J (is that odd?).

sibys1 Mon 13-Mar-17 01:43:47

I used to quite enjoy this, but it's not half as good as RuPaul's Drag Race.

tygr Mon 13-Mar-17 01:46:38

I love it too. Hadn't watched it for years until I caught an episode last week. Will have to start sky plussing it!

BradleyPooper Mon 13-Mar-17 01:57:08

Which one are you watching! I'm in the USA, just finished the Rita Ora season with Law Roach and Ashley Graham, loved it.

GrumpySausage Mon 13-Mar-17 02:46:45

Love it. Have watched most series a few times.

Loved the Nigel era and miss jay. Think it's missing Tyra and I can't warm to Rita Ora.

My favourite week is always makeover week. It's very predictable (one crying, one totally being transformed etc) but I live for that week.

My guilty pleasure when dh is away is to binge watch an old series.

Tastesjustlikecherrycola85 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:09:39

I love it, not as good as previous years but still enjoy my fix. What happened to the male contestants like they have done in previous series though?

Applebite Mon 13-Mar-17 08:04:51

I used to love it, but stopped when they fired sleazy Nigel and the two jays. Has Tyra gone now too??

AgentCooper Mon 13-Mar-17 08:07:38

Oh God, I love it. I've been watching since I was doing my Highers and I'm 31 now. Though I do miss Noted Fashion Photographer Nigel Barker.

Reow Mon 13-Mar-17 08:13:07

I love it. It's hideous trash but I always watch it.

AgentCooper Mon 13-Mar-17 08:33:54

I always loved the bits in the later seasons where Tyra would make the contestants star in her shite music videos, smizing and booty tooching throughout, it was so humiliating grin

Blueemeraldagain Mon 13-Mar-17 08:42:54

I love ANTM. The middle seasons were the best ones (big budget but before the admittingly entertaining humiliating music videos AgentCooper mentioned).

The new season is better than I thought it would be (have watched it all online). Too many video challenges for me and not enough runway though. and my favourite finally won! After 23 cycles!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now