Talk

Advanced search

Don't order online from Debenhams...

(28 Posts)
explosioninatoyshop Sun 03-Nov-13 11:45:18

Unless you want them to steal your money if you want to return anything! I'm so pissed off, I ordered a load of stuff at beginning of October, totalling over £300, returned just over £100 worth and have received a refund of... £14.40!!! WTF Debenhams?!? I've phoned up twice to complain and been assured that My refund will be with me in 3 working days, 8 days later... Big fat nothing!! When I asked to speak to a manager... Too busy! Epic fail Debenhams, you've just lost a customer and I'm telling anyone who'll listen, think twice before you order from them! Anyone else had a similar experience? I'm starting to think online shopping isn't all its cracked up to be frankly!

Sirzy Sun 03-Nov-13 11:46:41

I have to say I have I ordered from them a lot and always found them very good never had an issuer ordering or returing things.

SupSlick Sun 03-Nov-13 11:51:08

Sorry to not be much help, but I used to work for Debenhams, & it's a huge problem there that they don't seem to care much about. There are hundreds of bad reviews online about their order service & how they delay refunds etc.
Put me off shopping there!
Hope you get it sorted!

cranberryorange Sun 03-Nov-13 11:53:39

I had the same problem with Debenhams last year so wont be making the same mistake this Xmas.

thenightsky Sun 03-Nov-13 11:55:12

I wouldn't order on line from the again. I had major hassle exchanging stuff.

invisible84 Sun 03-Nov-13 11:55:25

I ordered something from there, then found it in store so bought it as had been waiting ages for my online order to arrive in store. I promptly forgot about it (my fault) and remembered about a month later. I went to the store and they couldn't find it, they couldn't process a refund as they needed the item to do so. It was a cheap sale item (about £20) and in the end I gave up as the phone calls would have cost me more than what I had lost. Have never ordered from there since.

trixymalixy Sun 03-Nov-13 12:01:49

Invisible,i did similar. The person I spoke to said that they get rid of uncollected items. Any other shop refunds you if you fail to pick it up.

Mine thankfully was still there but the woman gave me a right talking to about it. I was hmm and nearly complained.

Whatdoiknowanyway Sun 03-Nov-13 13:28:10

Use House of Fraser. Great deals, excellent service, rapid refunds and, no, I don't work for them!

fragola Sun 03-Nov-13 13:31:07

This has happened to me a few times with Debenhams. I don't shop there now.

pouffepants Sun 03-Nov-13 13:39:31

Did you return it through a courier?

I'm a courier, and we are told to promote returns for Debenhams by leaving a phone number on a sticker on the bag/box. What we weren't told was that we shouldn't do this for concessions, so still promoted everything that said Debenhams on it. Apparently some people have not been getting refunds if I take one I shouldn't have.

So now I attempt to only take Debs direct ones, but i've discovered that concessions are often put in the wrong bags so I have no way of knowing which are which. So I asked people to phone Debenhams to check, and Debenhams were then sending me to collect things that still shouldn't have been returnable through the courier because they can't tell the difference either.

And I still have no idea why it's a problem getting a refund for things from different departments if they're all sent out by Debenhams anyway!!

Holidayscotland Sun 03-Nov-13 13:40:31

I have had the same in the past. Returned two items in one parcel, only got refund for one. Another parcel with one item not refunded. They did sort it but I don't want the hassle of having to ask for refunds. Order from next a lot and it has never been a problem.

Grockle Sun 03-Nov-13 13:42:53

angry

I have £100 of debenhams gift cards to spend but you can't spend them online - it says you can but it won't process them. I'm hugely pissed off. I'm disabled & it's really hard for me to get into town to spend them in the shop. Plus they have a crap selection in store. I don't know how Debenhams survives tbh.

tweetytwat Sun 03-Nov-13 13:44:20

I bought online from them last Christmas
They are on my never again list
Ordered various in stock items, several just didn't turn up as they were suddenly out of stock but they didn't bother telling me. I would have cancelled the order if I had known.
They refunded but it was just generally crap.

LaTrucha Sun 03-Nov-13 13:46:32

I have had one problem with them but it did get sorted. I use them a lot and found them relatively problem-free.

ZombieMojaveWonderer Sun 03-Nov-13 14:01:55

Nope I won't use again either because of a failed refund. I have used NEXT online since it started and I have never had a problem with them so I'll stick with them thanks.

explosioninatoyshop Sun 03-Nov-13 14:07:58

So annoyed! Even worse that its not just me, seems lots of people have been victims of their rubbish service! I've now complained to their head office, on their facebook page, via phone and on their website! I'm not giving up, I will get my money back!!

ThePorpoiseOfStupidity Sun 03-Nov-13 14:29:11

I must be lucky (so far) as I have ordered quite a bit from Debenhams and haven't had a problem with them refunding me for anything I've returned.

selsigfach Sun 03-Nov-13 14:47:00

I ordered s bridesmaid's dress four times before they managed to deliver it, and they lost my wedding shoes. It was just ridiculous and I spent a fortune on multiple calls to them over it all. Never again. YANBU.

explosioninatoyshop Sun 03-Nov-13 15:07:25

Yes it was returned thru a courier pouffe, but it was a mixture of debenhams own stuff, jasper conran and red herring which I think are all debenhams brands aren't they? I booked the return with Debenhams, as the courier didn't put their phone no on the packet - probably for the reasons you suggest! Will see how I get on with my campaign of complaining from every possible direction!

mitchsta Sun 03-Nov-13 17:05:00

Not an online story, but my boss bought me a perfume once from Debenhams (she gave it to me in the Debenhams bag so I knew it was from there) that my gran had worn for years. I got upset just looking at it, never mind spelling it so I knew I wouldn't be able to wear it, but I didn't want to say "thanks but no thanks" as she was clearly excited about her gift. I thanked her and took it back to the same store the following day thinking I could swap it for something else, but I didn't have the receipt and ended up sobbing in the middle of the shop when the assistant interrupted my attempt to request an exchange by snapping: "just give it to someone else if you don't want it" at me and then spouting some crap about their policy. Haven't shopped there since. I know that technically they were adhering to their policy, but I don't think someone leaving your store crying is the best example of customer service. Fuckers. Just spent hundreds of pounds on bridesmaids dresses and various accessories from House of Fraser and they've been fab - online and in store.

mitchsta Sun 03-Nov-13 17:06:03

*smelling it, not spelling it.

littlewhitebag Sun 03-Nov-13 17:12:19

I bought loads of stuff from them last year when they had an offer of free delivery. They sent every item individually. Some were really small like a lipstick but some were bigger like mugs and wine glasses. The mugs were novelty ones and came individually. The overall postage and packaging must have cost the company a fortune. I was aghast and I am not sure how they are still trading

whattodoo Sun 03-Nov-13 17:13:10

I've had several online delivery disasters with debenhams. I've now given up with them.

But to be fair the most recent debacle actually worked in my favour. An extra item (rather pricey) came with the delivery. I took it back to store in good faith, but because I hadn't ordered bit, they were unable to process a return (even though I wasn't needing a refund)! Their eventual solution was to tell me just to keep it. I sold it on eBay for about £50 and gave the cash to charity.

I8toys Sun 03-Nov-13 17:16:06

Totally agree - I mostly shop online and after my one experience with Debenhams I will never use again.

Ordered a load of stuff - took ages as the website kept crashing. One thing turned up - nothing else and no acknowledgement or e-mail to say everything else out of stock. Absolutely hopeless.

pouffepants Mon 04-Nov-13 08:09:15

The jasper conran/red herring stuff may be the problem. It's crazy that we are somehow to identify the separate things, which we can't. And then if you phone debs they send us for all and sundry anyway.

You'll get your money in the end, but it'll prob take about a month, and they'll prob blame the courier in the process saying they should have only taken the debs own stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now