Talk

Advanced search

Independent online shops

(459 Posts)
TheDrsDocMartens Sat 26-Sep-20 12:46:45

I’ve shared a few on the bargain thread but I think it’s worthy of its own thread. Add your own stores you recommend.

www.cartmelvillageshop.co.uk/online

www.aluminiumart.co.uk/

shopandonart.bigcartel.com/products

www.thegodmotherdesigns.co.uk/shop.html

www.travelsnackbox.com/store

OP’s posts: |
TheDrsDocMartens Sat 26-Sep-20 12:49:53

shopandonart.bigcartel.com/products

AuntieMarys Sat 26-Sep-20 12:54:59

I buy a lot from Redbubble

Spreadingcomfrey Sat 26-Sep-20 12:58:28

Blatantly placemarking! (Will try and contribute some links later when I can think straight!)

TheDrsDocMartens Sat 26-Sep-20 13:16:23

www.prophecygirl.co.uk/

chipsandpeas Sat 26-Sep-20 13:18:07

great, i need ideas but can you give a brief description of what they sell

stealthninjamum Sat 26-Sep-20 13:24:22

www.whirligigtoys.co.uk/shop/?orderby=popularity&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsKv_wNqG7AIVynPTCh3uegHBEAEYASAAEgKjJfD_BwE

Whirligig Toys is a lovely small chain of toy shops. Their website isn’t particularly well designed but the shops are like a treasure trove of interesting crafts, engineering and logical toys.

I have no connection with them other than i’ve bought loads of presents from them in the past.

irwellmummy Sat 26-Sep-20 13:34:26

I love the jams and chutneys from Mercer’s.
Addicted to their lemon curd which probably accounts for most of my weight gain during lock down 🤣

www.the-mercers.com/

Heard about www.mrssnowballsbb.com/ from someone on mumsnet and can recommend their bath bombs.

Similarity www.thesoapstory.com/index.asp has lovely bath products and gorgeous soaps.

I recently bought some personalised candle holders from BUTTERFLYcouk on Etsy and they were gorgeous. Handmade in york and delivered super quickly.

lotsofthingstolearn Sat 26-Sep-20 13:38:18

Think Modo Creative is worthy of a mention. www.modocreative.com

Zaphodsotherhead Sat 26-Sep-20 14:56:21

I love, love, LOVE these threads, but can people just give an outline of what each shop sells when they put up the link? I'm past the age of needing toys and gifts for small children, so I only really like to look at the links for adult stuff. Er. That's stuff for adults, not like...adult stuff.

TheDrsDocMartens Sat 26-Sep-20 15:21:05

www.prophecygirl.co.uk/ Geeky (mainly Bufffy) clothes and jewellery

www.cartmelvillageshop.co.uk/online puddings

www.thegodmotherdesigns.co.uk/shop.html Art linked to tv/films /personalised

www.aluminiumart.co.uk/ house things made from aluminium

shopandonart.bigcartel.com/products art, children themes mainly

www.travelsnackbox.com/store snack boxes from foreign climes

TheDrsDocMartens Sat 26-Sep-20 15:23:07

www.bumblez.co.uk/s/shop# Gifts, mainly adults but few bits for kids

www.ecwid.com/store/carolyntraffordart/?fbclid=IwAR3ZrdAtjrzyeQ3tyfIOBGhr1tgkEPjw4vpDknHwNBufYywTtuVrTKaIj7Q Jewellery linked to nature.

luckymagnoliatree Sat 26-Sep-20 15:27:17

Https://www.littletotstoys.co.uk

Is a lovely little family run business, they sell organic baby clothing, personalised, fair trade and ethically sourced toys and more traditional gifts too. I love that they hand wrap every order (for free!) and they even include cute little packets of wildflower seeds to sow at home in the garden with your little ones!

IggyAce Sat 26-Sep-20 15:56:11

I second Mrs snowballs bubble boutique, her bath bombs are amazing, much better and cheaper compared to Lush.

www.wishuponastring.co.uk/ Sells lovely wish bracelets with positive messages. Has just started releasing her Christmas range.

www.homespunheath.com/
Beautiful handmade personalised decorations, I highly recommend Rudolph.

HermioneN Sat 26-Sep-20 16:13:28

snail and rabbit

Loose leaf tea smile

ChaChaCha2012 Sat 26-Sep-20 16:20:16

Dukki Gifts, all things Nottingham but also Leicester, Derby etc too. They can do custom printing on t-shirts, mugs etc so not just for locals! Worth a follow on social media, run by a lovely couple who really went the extra mile during lockdown.

www.dukkigifts.co.uk/

ChaChaCha2012 Sat 26-Sep-20 16:21:49

Perfume Parlour, already well known on the Style and Beauty boards, Leicester based and excellent customer service.

www.perfume-parlour.co.uk/

OhioOhioOhio Sat 26-Sep-20 16:22:27

Fantastic. Thank you.

NoWordForFluffy Sat 26-Sep-20 16:31:53

Neighbourhood Coffee who roast and sell coffee plus all the accessories you may need!

Chocolateteabag Sat 26-Sep-20 17:58:38

www.myadventurekit.co.uk/

I bought a selection of den building bits for DN (7) back in April, customer service was excellent and prices are pretty good even compared to the "A" people. You can also get ready made kits too.

Aluminiumart Sat 26-Sep-20 21:10:03

Thanks for your recommendation. Much appreciated in these times of being #excludeduk Matthew @alumuniumart

Jazjoke Sun 27-Sep-20 07:48:43

For cool arty Teenagers / kids in their twenties, search Pink Geisha Art on Etsy or Instagram - unique hand drawn digital prints - ideal if you have somebody edgy to buy for

Justonemorecup81 Sun 27-Sep-20 08:01:06

Noble Leaf tea

Award winning loose leaf tea and teaware

seriousandloyal Sun 27-Sep-20 08:16:04

Placemarking! Thanks for this OP, I find threads like this really useful.

Zaphodsotherhead Sun 27-Sep-20 11:59:58

www.upsidedowndesign.co.uk/store/

Quirky interior stuff, some cute toys and bits and bobs.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in