Talk

Advanced search

Janet and Roy 2015

(85 Posts)
Namechangenell Mon 23-Nov-15 12:34:24

Hi - shall we do this again this year? For those not in the know, we send a round robin style letter to another mumsnetter from 'Janet and Roy' - updates on their bridge contests, bunions, little Petal's escapades with the local cats and so on. The more detailed yet dreary, the better grin.

If anyone would like one with a USA postmark, PM me. I'd also love someone to send one to my DM!

HuevosRancheros Mon 23-Nov-15 12:37:53

Is it that time already?!

I'd be happy to do one for someone, I'm in Nottingham smile

ThomasRichard Mon 23-Nov-15 12:44:05

I'll happily send one with a Milton Keynes postmark. I love Janet & Roy grin

timelytess Mon 23-Nov-15 12:46:06

Count me in, from Lancashire. I'd particularly enjoy writing to a DM.

Optimist1 Mon 23-Nov-15 13:10:01

I've watched Janet & Roy from the sidelines in previous years, but am not sure how it works - if I wanted someone to send one for me do I compose the letter and email it to the MNer who's agreed to send it, or do I let them compose the letter (with a few hints from me)?

ThomasRichard Mon 23-Nov-15 13:27:13

Optimist usually the sender composes the letter, with a few details from you dropped in so it looks at though they know the recipent.

howtorebuild Mon 23-Nov-15 13:28:24

It's mean.

Optimist1 Mon 23-Nov-15 13:34:57

Thanks, Thomas ! OK, count me in (Surrey).

DangerousMouse Mon 23-Nov-15 13:36:24

I'd love to receive one for my Mum, also send one to someone, I'm in Surrey.

HuevosRancheros Mon 23-Nov-15 13:36:42

howtorebuild I think generally you let the recipients in on the joke after a while.

Yes, for the wrong recipient it could be mean, but to a lot of people it is funny. Wracking their brains as to who it is from.

Guess you need to know the recipient well and not do it out if malice smile

DangerousMouse Mon 23-Nov-15 13:37:10

If anyone is in Plymouth/Devon that would be a really good postmark to have on the one for my Mum!

EElisavetaOfBelsornia Mon 23-Nov-15 13:38:47

Ooh yes! I hope the poster who did mine last year can do it again, DH is still flummoxed. I can send one from London if that's good for anyone.

timelytess Mon 23-Nov-15 13:48:29

It's mean
If I thought it was mean, I definitely wouldn't do it. I think its amusing. Like shopping lists with naice ham etc.

Bingletthebellsringout Mon 23-Nov-15 13:54:16

I would love to have one fine for my mum. And more than happy to write one. We are just outside of Birmingham. I love Janet and Roy. Best thread of Christmas.

EcclefechanTart Mon 23-Nov-15 14:11:34

Would love one for my mother - especially if it comes from overseas! I would be happy to send one for someone from East Anglia.

Zorion Mon 23-Nov-15 14:21:56

I am overseas and will do one, would love someone to do one for my Mum. How is it organised?

ThomasRichard Mon 23-Nov-15 15:03:06

It would be mean if the recipient was likely to be upset because they couldn't remember someone or if the MNetter never let on. Sending one to someone with memory problems would be beyond the pale.

ThomasRichard Mon 23-Nov-15 15:03:50

Usually PMs Zorion.

HuevosRancheros Mon 23-Nov-15 16:14:20

If I'm honest, I do think it's a bit mean when the Janet & Roy say that they will be popping in for lunch on the 27th, or whatever, but again, it should totally be written with an idea of how it would be taken.

If I got sent one, I wouldn't mind being a bit confused as to who it was from, but would be put out/panicked if I had the thought of them turning up, hanging over me all Christmas. So you definitely need to discuss just how far it should go imo smile

HeadandBrickWall Mon 23-Nov-15 16:20:54

I'm not sure I need one sending, will have to think about who I know that would get the joke, but I'd love to send one if anyone would like one from South Wales?

lampshady Mon 23-Nov-15 17:27:12

I'm happy to send! I don't have anyone to receive though. I'm Dorset.

xalyssx Mon 23-Nov-15 21:13:43

I would like to send and receive please. I live in Kent.

happyjustobeme Mon 23-Nov-15 21:19:14

Head I would love it if you would send one from S Wales for me please. Can I PM you the details please?

I am happy to send one. I live in Kent.

timelytess Mon 23-Nov-15 21:31:20

when the Janet & Roy say that they will be popping in for lunch on the 27th
Sorry, couldn't do that.

CheekyMaleekey Mon 23-Nov-15 21:33:11

I'd love to send one. Anyone like one with a London.

I have a friend in London and a brother in Gloucestershire, who'd love to receive one, please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now