Please or to access all these features

Work

Chat with other users about all things related to working life on our Work forum.

Would you pause TTC if offered an internal job move?

5 replies

TheJadeFinch · 12/09/2026 13:09

I’m currently TTC my first baby and really want to be pregnant. I’ve also applied for an internal job in another department which I’d genuinely love and should find out next week. If I get it (which I think there’s a good chance I might), I’d likely start mid-October.

The dilemma is whether I continue TTC. I keep thinking that I could conceive next week and also be offered the job. I’ve worked for the company for 10 years, so it’s not like I’d be joining a completely new company.

I know technically there’s nothing wrong with this, but I feel awkward about potentially telling a brand-new line manager that I’m pregnant so soon after joining. I’d worry it would get me off to a bad start.

But equally, I really want a baby and don’t want to put TTC on hold just to make the timing with work more convenient – especially when there’s no guarantee I’d conceive in a few months anyway.

What would you do? Take the job and carry on TTC, or wait a few months before trying?
I’m well aware I’m worrying about two things that aren’t even confirmed yet 😂 but it’s eating me up thinking about what I’d do if I was lucky enough to get both of these things!

OP posts:
MosquitoMagnet · 12/09/2026 13:13

I would continue. Like you say you've been there 10 years so benefits like maternity would continue.

I would also consider your age, any potential TTC issues, and what the job is in your decision

Madamecholetsbonnet · 12/09/2026 13:21

I don’t understand why it makes any difference? I definitely wouldn’t pause TTC for this reason.

yellowbobble · 12/09/2026 13:23

I would continue TTC, your maternity rights would be the same, and life goes on, most managers and companies understand this and wouldn’t bat an eyelid

Cotopaxi · 12/09/2026 13:27

Some people conceive pretty much straight away, others can take years. You have no way of knowing how it will be for you until it actually happens.

Carry on ttc would be my advice, because if you don't conceive straight away you will be kicking yourself for turning the job opportunity down.

TheJadeFinch · 17/09/2026 12:57

Thanks all. I got offered the job, and have accepted. Also entering the 2 week wait (3rd cycle trying), so we will cross that bridge, if and when, we get to it!

OP posts:
New posts on this thread. Refresh page