Please or to access all these features

Work

Chat with other users about all things related to working life on our Work forum.

Offer but still in final interviews

5 replies

longdistanceclaraclara · 03/09/2024 16:27

I got made redundant at the end of June. Have just received an offer for a new role that I'm really happy with.

I had a final interview with another firm last week, which I feel went really well. I know they are seeing one other this week, and one next week.

Do I tell the second firm I have an offer on the table or do I just accept the offer I have?!

I would be equally happy at either and money will be similar. Firm 1 have offered higher than the quoting salary.

OP posts:
longdistanceclaraclara · 03/09/2024 22:50

Bump

OP posts:
EBearhug · 03/09/2024 22:53

If you want the one which has already offered, accept it, and let the other company know - though I wouldn't do the latter till you've got a contract and signed it. (I once had a job pulled between verbal offer and paperwork, due to a company-wide headcount freeze.)

Jossse · 03/09/2024 22:54

Accept the one you've been offered. Then see what happens next week. Then decide next week. Gotta look after yourself in this day and age

longdistanceclaraclara · 04/09/2024 10:40

Thanks both

OP posts:
Unexpectedlysinglemum · 04/09/2024 13:08

Jossse · 03/09/2024 22:54

Accept the one you've been offered. Then see what happens next week. Then decide next week. Gotta look after yourself in this day and age

Yes I agree

New posts on this thread. Refresh page