Please or to access all these features

Work

Chat with other users about all things related to working life on our Work forum.

Should I apply?

7 replies

lorisparkle · 05/08/2023 11:45

I have seen a job that I would like and I am not that happy in my current job. It is more money, closer to home and in a sector I love however there are a number of challenges

1.the job is advertised as fixed term (but my plan was to ask about this if I got an interview)

2.taking the job might cause a break in service so I would lose out if I was sick long term or was made redundant (again I was going to check this at interview)

  1. I currently work 4 1/2 days (with 4 days in person and the 1/2 day at home (again I was going to ask about this at interview)
  1. The start date is impossible (but again something I was going to ask about at interview!)

However I have now seen that the interview date is the day my DH is in hospital and on day 2 of a paid for driving course that I am completing with DS.

So should I still apply and see if I can do a different interview day (although the course is for 5 days) or should I just accept that there is too much against it and forget about it

OP posts:
swanling · 05/08/2023 14:22

It doesn't really sound like a good fit.

SoftPlayKindaDay · 05/08/2023 14:36

I'd still apply. If you don't try, you'll never know and there's nothing worse than that 'what if?' feeling.

lorisparkle · 05/08/2023 18:14

Thanks. I keep swaying between the two viewpoints!

OP posts:
lorisparkle · 08/08/2023 18:25

So I decided to apply but said I could not do the interview date and would prefer part time. I decided it would then be their decision to invite me to interview or not.

They have invited me - but on the day I said I can't do. I have replied saying I can't do that day and we will wait and see!!!!

OP posts:
swanling · 08/08/2023 20:15

Oh! It does sound like maybe they don't always read emails very thoroughly. Fingers crossed.

lemondust000 · 08/08/2023 20:17

Apply

pumpkin1212 · 08/08/2023 20:39

Good luck hope they can change the date!

New posts on this thread. Refresh page