Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Work

Anybody work as pension assistant/officer?

3 replies

Littlebird09 · 03/03/2023 19:21

Hi everyone. I will have interview for pension assistant role at council. I have experience as accountant but do not have specific experience in pension field. Anyone hit me any ideas what I should prepare ? TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

scrivette · 03/03/2023 19:30

Good luck!

Look online for the Brief Guide to the Local
government Pension Scheme to give you an idea of what the scheme is about.
It used to be a final salary pension scheme but now it's a career average scheme. You can only pay into the scheme whilst you are employed etc.

I would recommend looking back at your application/person spec and thinking of some more examples of the questions they asked there.

Please
or

Littlebird09 · 04/03/2023 08:48

scrivette · 03/03/2023 19:30

Good luck!

Look online for the Brief Guide to the Local
government Pension Scheme to give you an idea of what the scheme is about.
It used to be a final salary pension scheme but now it's a career average scheme. You can only pay into the scheme whilst you are employed etc.

I would recommend looking back at your application/person spec and thinking of some more examples of the questions they asked there.

Thanks for your advise. I will take a look of the scheme!

OP posts:
Please
or

ChessieFL · 05/03/2023 07:00

For a pension assistant role they won’t expect pension experience. They will be looking for whether you have the skills to do the job. I would expect questions about your communication skills, ability to meet deadlines and prioritise your workload, numeracy etc. The job description will have set out the key skills they expect so the questions will be based around that.

Please
or