My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Good way to fundraise for Helen Bamber Foundation? All suggestions please!

4 replies

comtessa · 12/08/2010 16:40

But bear in mind I'm 5.5 months pregnant, so no marathons!

Helen Bamber Foundation (HBF) works to support victims of rape and trafficking. I used to work for a legal organisation and would commission HBF to write medico-legal reports, and they would also do counselling etc as necessary for the client. I don't work for the organisation any more, but knowing how amazingly HBF worked with clients, I really want to do something for them. Am considering shaving my head, my hair is long, past my bra fastener (as a point of reference!) as I thought it would be kind of appropriate too, in terms of rape stealing from women, and traffickers taking women's lives away from them. Kind of logical in my brain but not so sure now I've typed it! Anyway, ideas greatly appreciated.

OP posts:
SaraHBF · 13/08/2010 11:16

Hello Comtessa
A contact pointed me in the direction of your post, and I am so excited to read it! I work with advocacy for the Helen Bamber Foundation, and I am so pleased that you have recognized all the work that goes into supporting survivors of torture and ill-treatment who are our clients. There are many ways to support us, by donating skills (volunteering) or money, or by setting up a challenge and get others to sponsor you. It looks like you want to go for the latter, in which case I recommend you go on to our JustGiving page and set up a Fundraiser page: www.justgiving.com/helenbamber
Supporters have set up some great fundraiser pages in the past (including a world record in drumming, and a Milan Marathon run), but it looks like we are running a bit low during the summer holidays, so your initiative comes at just the right time!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or to discuss it more For anyone else wishing to learn more about the foundation, please visit: www.helenbamber.org/
Many thanks,
Sara Westerberg (Development and Advocacy Officer)
020 7631 44 92 -229
[email protected]

comtessa · 13/08/2010 12:00

Many thanks Sara. I used to work for RMJ, which I'm sure you'll be familiar with. I'll be in touch when I've come up with something.

OP posts:
dittany · 13/08/2010 17:57

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bedlambeast · 13/08/2010 22:58

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.