My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

PCOS & weight loss

3 replies

Nos3y · 24/01/2022 12:10

Does anyone have any nutrition tips, exercises, or good news stories on losing weight with PCOS?

I was diagnosed while trying to conceive our daughter as I was taking a while. It also explained a lot to do with my rapid weight gain in the last few years. But once it was confirmed, that's what I had; I received no information or help.

I calorie count, and the weight is very slowly coming off, but I feel stuck.
I also have diagnosed BDD, and my weight has a lot to answer for, so I'd love to lose it in a healthy way.

Any help appreciated 😊

OP posts:
AttilaTheMeerkat · 24/01/2022 13:39

Both Collette Harris and Tara Spencer have written cookbooks specifically for women with PCOS so their recipes could be of some help to you.

I would also look at Verity's website as this is about PCOS generally:-
www.verity-pcos.org.uk/

HalfShrunkMoreToGo · 24/01/2022 13:43

I have PCOS and as a result am insulin resistant, had GD when pregnant and had blood tests to confirm resistance.

For me, the only way to lose weight is to cut down on carbs. Not eliminate completely but reduce and then calorie count. As long as I stay low carb I lose very nicely but as soon as I up bread/pasta/rice it goes straight back on 🥲

GuidingSpirit · 24/01/2022 14:09

I follow an american woman called Kym Campbell, who is strongly in favour of controlling pcos through diet. I am struggling to lose the baby weight after having DD1 (diagnosed 6ish years ago) - ive started the fast 800 (which is also low carb) in a bid to avoid going back on metformin.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.