My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Breast cyst

5 replies

Nikki360 · 18/11/2021 07:09

My anxiety is through the roof. I have ocd and anxiety. I have a history of breast cysts. I go get a ultrasound and they drain them. I was at the clinic end of September. A large cyst had appeared and they drained it. It came up again was painful. I went back to clinic yesterday and they drained it and another smaller one on other breast. I went back round to see doctor and she said I was to come back in 4 weeks. My legs went to jelly I can't remember much of what she said except the one on the other side had some blood but probably just because needle hit a blood vessel ? I'm a wreck and don't know what to think. I assumed if blood they would send it away ? She never said that though ? Please help

OP posts:
Nikki360 · 18/11/2021 09:25

Anyone ? x

OP posts:
harrow92 · 19/11/2021 23:14

Try not to worry yourself. If you feel you need to understand what the concern is and what they're checking for because of the blood, ring them, they should of asked you at the time if you had any questions because understandably, that's a worrying thing to hear to someone who isn't a doctor! Deep breaths Shock hope you get a little reassurance soon xxx

Nikki360 · 20/11/2021 12:56

Thankyou so much for replying. I got my husband to call for me. The Doctor called me back and said that it's protocol to have me back in four weeks to rescan to check it out. High probability it's the needle hitting the blood vessel but that she can't absolutely guarantee the blood didn't come from cyst. She says she wasn't worried. The other cyst she says she will rescan purely because it was a big one and that I'm coming back anyway. She wouldn't have called me back just for that one but they may as well when I'm there. I'm still all over the place just wish I hadn't got the cyst drained! Thankyou again

OP posts:
harrow92 · 20/11/2021 17:23

I'm glad they offered you some reassurance! Smile and just try to be assured that even if something wasn't the norm - your in exactly the right place to get it resolved! It's a great thing your doctor is being thorough! I went hospital once on a referral for a breast scan (was only 28) I went and they basically laughed me off. I returned to the doctor a month later still complaining and they sent me back, finally scanned me and I had a huge cyst in my right boob - which they drained then and there! Sometimes it's absolutely right to follow your own intuitions. Hope when you go back everything is 'the all clear' and your mind can be put to ease x

Nikki360 · 20/11/2021 18:06

Thankyou they are absolutely amazing the care I get is above and beyond the secretary is so so kind as well they all are. Yes just trying to keep calm although I find that so difficult feel my mood dipping and I don't deal with that well. As you say it's so good they are being so careful with me. My mum has had bc twice so it is something that really frightens me. X

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.