My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Had a lump removed

5 replies

BlodynPiPiGwely · 27/07/2021 15:39

Today I had a lump removes from my breast.

I know its benign. So theres no worries.

Just want some hugs!!

Feeling a bit sore now and very tired.

Anyine else had this done??

OP posts:
olldbones · 28/07/2021 00:19

Didn't want to read and run, I'm sorry you've had to have this done. I hope you recover from your surgery quickly Flowers

crispinglovershighkick · 28/07/2021 01:00

Poor you! I've had biopsies done but that's all, I was quite bruised, otherwise fine but I felt quite vulnerable about it. My mother had a lumpectomy for bc, then a second surgery to ensure clear margins. Surgery can leave you feeling emotional, I hope you feel better soon!

SalsaLove · 28/07/2021 03:35

I’m scheduled to meet with the surgeon in a few days. Mine isn’t a lump but it’s scar tissue. I’m trying not to think about it. Are you feeling better? 💐

2018SoFarSoGreat · 28/07/2021 03:58

Yes!I had one removed last year, size of a golf ball on the upper outer side of my breast. Frankly I was not prepared for the empty bit that is left, but am glad the bugger was benign and no longer mine.

I found I needed protection for about a week, so put a day sanitary napkin in my bra, which helped a lot. The pain didn't last long, but it was tender until the stitches came out.

So glad it was benign! That's worth all the pain. Now to healing.💐

2018SoFarSoGreat · 28/07/2021 03:59

Fat. Fat sanitary pad.

Hugs to you, OP

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.