My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Cervix isn't normal???

3 replies

nopatience00 · 11/06/2021 19:57

Hi,
I went to the GP today about pelvic pain & bleeding between periods, she done an examination and said that something looks wrong with my cervix. Said it could possibly be a tear through it off birth but with me being 10 months PP she doesn't know if it is that. I'm being referred to a gynaecologist but have no idea when I'll be seen as waiting times vary. She drew me a picture of what a cervix looks like before children, after children and then what mine looks like. (Never had a smear as only 21 in a few months) I'll attach a photo (hopefully it works!!)
If anyone has been through something similar please could you let me know? I asked a lot of questions and none of them she could answer, I'm so worried it could be something bad!!

OP posts:
nopatience00 · 11/06/2021 19:58

I'm a new user so can't post a picture!

It's basically a small little cut and then a lot of jagged edges next to it?! I hope that makes sense!!

OP posts:
Peewee94 · 11/06/2021 20:21

I can’t help I’m afraid but I do wish there was more information as to what’s ‘normal’ for women’s private areas that we can access. I am 8 weeks PP and would also like to know if everything is looking as it should down there! My cervix ‘came down’ during my delivery and was pushed back into place after I birthed the placenta. I have so many questions as to whether it has stayed where it should and if everything is looking as it should in there Confused
I hope all is well with you, please update us when you know x

nopatience00 · 11/06/2021 22:22

@Peewee94

I can’t help I’m afraid but I do wish there was more information as to what’s ‘normal’ for women’s private areas that we can access. I am 8 weeks PP and would also like to know if everything is looking as it should down there! My cervix ‘came down’ during my delivery and was pushed back into place after I birthed the placenta. I have so many questions as to whether it has stayed where it should and if everything is looking as it should in there Confused
I hope all is well with you, please update us when you know x

Oh no bless you!! Shock I wish there was more info too. I'm really hoping it's just a birth injury, in fairness I had a horrific birth so I wouldn't be surprised if it was that but it's just the unknown and the waiting that's the worst part! I will deffo keep you updated on what happens Smile
OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.