My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Wet knickers, leaky bladder funny smells

9 replies

e2namechanger · 01/06/2021 21:10

Over the last few months this problem had gotten worse and worse.

I don't leak when I cough or laugh or sneeze. I will go to the toilet and empty my bladder then the next time I go to go to the toilet my knickers are wet. It's urine. It stinks. Sometimes there will be a wet patch there that has almost dried which makes me sure that despite doing p f exercises I have no control over my own bladder any more.

I also seem to go to the toilet umpteen times a night and it disturbs my sleep so much but then in the morning I will wake up and my thighs are slightly damp and it's not sweat it's definitely urine.

I do pelvic floor exercises every day. I don't understand why my vagina smells of urine all the time and why I've started wetting myself and can't feel it happening at the time.

What can I do? I'm only 27 and I've had a child but that was years ago. This problem has only started this year (few months ago) but it's getting worse.

Whats going on down there? Due to covid I haven't wanted to call GP or whatever but I'm thinking I'm going to have to. I'm sick of snelling like urine. I wash twice daily and I shower daily, too.

Am I incontenent? Is this what incontinence is?

OP posts:
partyatthepalace · 01/06/2021 21:16

Yes it is, it’s not that unusual but you need a referral to urology to sort you out. Sometimes it takes an op but not always

Ring your GP to get the ball rolling and do not be fobbed off (exaggerate a bit)

WonkyCactus · 01/06/2021 21:18

I have this too! Although not quite as bad as yours sounds. Haven't been to the GP because I am a bit embarrassed and it's not exactly serious.

Bagelsandbrie · 01/06/2021 21:21

Definitely see your gp.

But in the meantime get some tena lights liners - they’re fab for catching leaks and absorbing them so they don’t smell. I use them everyday due to incontinence issues (I’m 40 and have lupus and other chronic health issues - my kidneys don’t work very well).

e2namechanger · 01/06/2021 21:27

Thanks to all of you! I'll ring my GP in the morning and make a bit of fuss until I'm seen. I'm glad I posted as otherwise I think I would have carried on getting annoyed but not getting help. Thank you every one.

OP posts:
MrsArchchancellorRidcully · 01/06/2021 21:30

This is me but I'm 50 next year. You seem very young so go see the gp. I wear knickers from Modibodi. Highly recommended as bamboo liner and no worry about environment as you get with tena. Just wash and reuse.

WonkyCactus · 01/06/2021 21:31

Sorry, my first post was not helpful, I was just relieved to know I was not alone. It took ages for me to realise that mine was actually incontinence.
I hope your GP is able to help.

legotruck · 01/06/2021 21:37

post micturition dribble

I have this. When I pee I wipe then stand and can feel the dribble.

e2namechanger · 02/06/2021 19:30

Doctor is arranging a pelvic scan to see what might be going on so really glad I posted! Thanks everyone.

OP posts:
BeBraveAndBeKind · 02/06/2021 22:39

I'm glad you've been referred. I had this and also a feeling of not emptying my bladder properly when I went to the loo. I was fobbed off and told that I needed to drink more and it was just a sensitive bladder. Then I started to get unexplained pain. I was referred for an ultrasound which found that my bladder wasn't emptying properly even after three attempts because of fibroids and ovarian cysts that were pressing down and preventing my bladder from working properly.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.