My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Small lump on cervix

3 replies

Busymummy50 · 19/04/2021 01:17

I examined myself recently (haven't done it for a long time) and felt a small spot on my cervix. Size is about a quarter of a 5p, approx 3 to 4mm. I had hpv years ago and a colonoscopy. Biopsy at the time showed cells were ok so went back to the 3 yearly checks. Last check was ok and next is due 2022. I'm really worried about this spot. Has anyone experienced this? Is it normal to have spots on the cervix? I have felt really tiny ones before and I know it's a little bumpy anyway but this has really worried me. I will call the doctor tomorrow.

OP posts:
SherbetLemon713 · 20/04/2021 21:13

I think it is pretty normal for spots to come and go on your cervix. It could also be a polyp or a Nabothian cyst. Book an appointment with your GP and they should be able to have a look for you. I’ve got a lump on mines too, have a colposcopy tomorrow though for abnormal cells on my last smear so I’m hoping the doctor will be able to tell me what the lump is at my appointment also.

Busymummy50 · 21/04/2021 01:40

@SherbetLemon713

I think it is pretty normal for spots to come and go on your cervix. It could also be a polyp or a Nabothian cyst. Book an appointment with your GP and they should be able to have a look for you. I’ve got a lump on mines too, have a colposcopy tomorrow though for abnormal cells on my last smear so I’m hoping the doctor will be able to tell me what the lump is at my appointment also.

Thank you. Gp looked and said it looks like a nabothian cyst as it looks blue. Good luck with the colposcopy xx
OP posts:
Busymummy50 · 21/04/2021 01:51

Just looked it up online and nabothian cysts meant to be white/yellow colour. My gp said mine is a nabothian cyst because it looked bluish!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.