My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Lump on cervix

27 replies

polkadotpixie · 26/10/2020 19:09

I've had a small amount of spotting between periods and constant low level period type pains so I've made a GP appointment to discuss this

It's tomorrow and I just had a feel around up there to see if I can feel any soreness etc and to my horror there is a noticeable lump on my cervix. It feels fairly smooth and I'm praying it's a harmless polyp or similar but I am absolutely shitting myself now. I had a normal smear last May but I know they only test for HPV now and if that's negative they don't test the actual cells and I'm petrified they missed something sinister

I have a 2 year old and I want another child, I need to be around for my son and I don't want to have to have a hysterectomy if it's something bad. Please talk me down, I'm terrified 😭

OP posts:
polkadotpixie · 27/10/2020 06:53

Anyone? I've been up most of the night worried sick. My appointment is at 10am and I'm so scared. I keep looking at my little boy and thinking about leaving him without a Mum 😭

OP posts:
VioletSunset · 27/10/2020 07:03

I have a bump on mine, it feels a bit like a small pea. The doctors said its nothing to worry about, hopefully yours will be the same. Its been there for about 15 years and all of my smear tests have been normal too . Fingers crossed everything is ok for you Flowers

justanotherneighinparadise · 27/10/2020 07:04

I’ve had that too and it went away with no issues.

Palavah · 27/10/2020 07:28

I have no experience or knowledge of this situation but I just wanted to say breathe.

You can't change what the answer will be so please just enjoy your little boy, distract yourself with play and cuddles, or planning something you will look forward to?

Have a handhold.

polkadotpixie · 27/10/2020 07:48

Thank you all for the replies. I'm trying really hard to stay calm and not descend into panic. I do suffer with anxiety at the best of times and am prone to catastrophising. I'm just so scared

OP posts:
Jeremyironseverything · 27/10/2020 07:52

Even if the worse comes to the worse, you'll more than likely be ok. I had cervical cancer and I'm fine now. I know you want another child but you could freeze eggs etc. Think positively. It's more than likely going to be fine and even if it is the dreaded c word, you'll be ok.

Jeremyironseverything · 27/10/2020 07:53

Oh and obviously I know how you feel. It's terrifying. But you'll be ok.
Flowers

polkadotpixie · 27/10/2020 09:57

Just waiting to go in, feel sick

OP posts:
polkadotpixie · 27/10/2020 10:24

Just got out. She can't see a lump but she says I have a cervical ectropian (I already know this from previous smear tests). She is a bit worried that it looks slightly sore and ulcerated though so she's referred me to gynaecology as a 2WW to rule out anything sinister

I don't feel better. I was hoping it was just a polyp or cyst. All the cancer photos I saw on Google looked ulcerated so I'm now even more scared 😭

OP posts:
Sooverthemill · 27/10/2020 10:29

Don't google. Wait for the appointment, try not to stress about this. I had almost exactly the same thing, was told by GP she was fairly certain I had cancer and I saw the consultant gynaecologist, had a biopsy and removal of a few 'lumps/ polyps and it was FINE. This was March this year. It was easy for me to get terrified as I have already had cancer and a skin cancer removed but I was fine. Try not to worry, you will be seen fast and DONT GOOGLE

Jeremyironseverything · 27/10/2020 14:26

Yes I agree, stay away from Google.

The odds of it being anything are very slim.

polkadotpixie · 27/10/2020 16:21

I wish I had the willpower to stop Googling, I know it's not good for me

I just hope my appointment is soon, 2 full weeks and I'll have had a breakdown. I've taken some diazepam that I had left over and feel a bit calmer but I don't have enough to see me through 2 weeks

OP posts:
polkadotpixie · 02/11/2020 17:53

My 2WW Gynae appointment is on Weds. I'll come back and update afterwards just so anyone who Googles like I was can see an outcome. There were so many threads where the OP doesn't come back and you don't get an answer as to whether your symptoms were anything bad

OP posts:
Jeremyironseverything · 02/11/2020 22:01

It's not that long to wait is it, although it feels like forever. Stay strong. Flowers

polkadotpixie · 02/11/2020 22:21

I was really lucky getting one so soon. It was supposed to be on the 11th but I'll be on my period then so they kindly moved it

OP posts:
nimbuscloud · 02/11/2020 22:24

Best of luck!!!

Shizzleshizshiz · 02/11/2020 22:56

Good luck op. I had a similar worry a little while back and mine turned out to be harmless. I will cross my fingers for you.

whattodo2019 · 02/11/2020 23:06

My cervix is very low and earlier this year i felt a
smooth lump on my cervix.
I googled, panicked and the. went to the GP in floods of tears.
The GP told me i had a harmless
polyp which i had removed in September. removal was totally painless and done in a matter of seconds.
Please try not to worry xxx

polkadotpixie · 03/11/2020 08:05

Thanks for the reassurance and good wishes everyone Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's not a polyp unfortunately. That was what I was hoping for but it's a more irregular slightly jagged lump so I think it's unlikely

I'm just hoping it's a bad ectropian rather than anything more sinister

OP posts:
Firerose78 · 03/11/2020 23:17

Have you found anything out yet?

polkadotpixie · 04/11/2020 06:53

Not yet, my appointment is at 10.10 today. I'm very nervousConfused

OP posts:
polkadotpixie · 04/11/2020 10:07

Just waiting to go in. Feel sick and my heart is pounding

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

polkadotpixie · 04/11/2020 11:23

Looks like good news! The consultant was amazing and so reassuring

She says I have a Nabothian cyst and an ectropian. She had a good look and poke around and couldn't see anything concerning and the acetic acid didn't show up any dodgy cells. She's taken a punch biopsy just for my peace of mind but she said she's been doing colposcopies for 20 years and she's very confident there's nothing to worry about, especially as I am HPV negative

Thank you all for the support ❤️ I will report back with the histology of my biopsy but it all looks good so far 😊

OP posts:
LittleCabbage · 04/11/2020 14:44

Ah, that is such good news! I’m glad the consultant was able to be so reassuring. Hopefully you can have a relaxing evening now.

Jeremyironseverything · 04/11/2020 18:28

Wow I bet you are so relieved. A huge glass of wine this evening to celebrate?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.