My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Women's health

To want to know if this is a miscarriage or not (warning - picture of a clot)

9 replies

Badbanana · 13/10/2020 12:59

Ok, I know this isn’t the section but got no replies on the miscarriage board so posting for traffic.

To be honest I was pretty sure my pregnancy days were far behind me (DH had a vasectomy!)

But I’ve had the strangest period the last two weeks, cramps that felt like contractions at times and very heavy.

These two clots just came out after a particular heavy bout of bleeding and the pain is much better now, but they aren’t like usual period clots.

Does this look like a miscarriage to anyone? Thinking I may need to see someone as the bleeding is still fairly heavy.

To want to know if this is a miscarriage or not (warning - picture of a clot)
OP posts:
LaLaLandIsNoFun · 13/10/2020 13:03

That looks like a decidual cast to me.

Probably best to get some medical attention if you’re bleeding way more than usual.

emmathedilemma · 13/10/2020 13:05

I don't know about the miscarriage but given the vasectomy the chances must be pretty slim? I had cramps that I couldn't only describe as contractions and passed some big clots with bleeding that was related to fibroids. I would ring your GP. Mine happened in the middle of the night and I had to phone the NHS out of hours thing from the toilet because I was bleeding so heavily! They sent me to A&E to get checked over but they didn't really do anything other than confirm I wasn't pregnant (short of an immaculate conception I could have told them that!), do basic obs and send me home to continue taking Tranexamix Acid because I was already on the referral list for gynae.

Badbanana · 13/10/2020 13:08

Thank you, I think I will see if I can get off work early and go see my GP.

OP posts:
LouMumsnet · 13/10/2020 13:17

Hi there, @Badbanana - we're just bobbing on here to let you know that we've moved your thread over to Women's Health and we hope you get some useful advice here. Flowers

Yukka · 13/10/2020 13:26

I don't think it's a miscarriage. It's difficult to tell the size but that's appears bigger and very different shape and texture to what I passed at 3 months pregnant. Deff go to the GP. You could do a home pregnancy test yourself in between if you wanted as the HCG would still be in your urine this has only just happened now.

MissSmiley · 13/10/2020 14:39

It's difficult to judge scale but in my miscarriage at 7 weeks I passed a smaller but similar "clot" the bleeding stopped not long afterwards though. I had awful cramps before that ended when I passed the clot. I hope you're ok, I would also advise speaking to your GP

Badbanana · 14/10/2020 17:35

Just to update: GP gave me a phone appointment and asked me to go to a&e because of how much I was bleeding.

The pregnancy test was positive and I was actually having a haemorrhage so had to have a d&c under local (cheers COVID, certainly not an experience I would ever want to repeat!). Need to go for a scan next week to check all is gone but the bleeding at least is back to ‘normal’ period levels.

Discharged this AM and now DH has got to go and get tested to see whether the vasectomy has healed itself (?!)

Even though I definitely don’t want any more dc still feeling quite sad. Just wanted to update in case anyone else is searching for this issue in the future.

OP posts:
Yukka · 14/10/2020 18:00

Sorry to hear that Op. hope you heal ok and stay rested. I think it's normal to feel sad especially with the process you have had to go through. 💐

wishywashywoowoo70 · 15/10/2020 07:31

Aw so sorry OP. Lots of hugs to
You Thanks

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.