My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

I've never had thrush before but I think this is it? How long does this go on for??!!

7 replies

charmsofasimplelife · 06/09/2020 08:18

I'm 26, I've had 2 children (with natural vaginal births) and I have NEVER had a problem down below apart from 2 cases of cystitis when I was a teenager.

My husband bought a new brand of washing softener when he did the food shop the other day (I can't think of any other reason)

I noticed yesterday that it was a bit itchy down there and now it's slightly swollen, really itchy and just irritating as heck down below now.

What fresh hell is this?

How long will this last?Envy

In all seriousness, what is the most affective way to get rid of this QUICKLY?

OP posts:
dementedpixie · 06/09/2020 08:20

Oral tablet or pessary alongside cream should help

AyeCorona1 · 06/09/2020 08:31

Cannesten. As soon as the shops open.

PumpkinsAndBroomsticks · 06/09/2020 08:34

In my experience thrush doesn't just go away on its own. You need to treat it- the best was is an oral tablet. You can get Canesten or some places do their own brand for a lot cheaper.

charmsofasimplelife · 06/09/2020 09:15

Got some cream, just the cream though so I think I'll need one of the internal tablet things.

I'm starting to think I might have cystitis too I've got lower back ache.

I drink quite a lot though? I have, for the past week been trying to drink a glass of orange juice every day on top of my usual water intake. Before this week I don't ever buy orange juice.

I'm wondering if that could have also been a trigger.

OP posts:
PumpkinsAndBroomsticks · 06/09/2020 10:30

Be aware the cream only treats the external symptoms and doesn't get rid of it. You will need a tablet or pessary for that.

mia2201 · 06/09/2020 12:05

The pessary will bring you relief without 48 hrs, thrush is a nightmare but it's easily treatable. If the pessary don't work call your doctor and they'll invite you for a swab. Yes they still do that despite covid, don't think you'll a bother to the system. I've been, they left a kit at the reception, self swabbed in the toilet and had results within 48hrs! Take care it will pass! I

mia2201 · 06/09/2020 12:16

Orange juice wouldn't set it off, don't worry about that please. Have you got really thick, white odourless discharge too? If so it's 100% thrush. I think for me internal pessary worked better than the oral one. Don't take oral one if there's any chance you could be pregnant though.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.