My feed

to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Scan for cervical erosion? Spotting between periods

1 reply

MrsSam88 · 03/08/2020 11:48

I rang my doctor today as for past 2 months I’ve had light spotting/pink discharge between periods
(Also ttc and seem to be having chemicals)
He said let’s get a scan It could be cervical erosion.
Is it normal to have a scan for that?
I know they’re busy and everything but he was all rushed and just hung up on me before I could ask anything! I’m assuming I just wait for an appointment now?! Confused

OP posts:
ShinyBadger · 04/08/2020 18:45

Cervical erosion has to be diagnosed by the Gp or Gynaecologist physically looking at the cervix with a speculum - it won’t be seen on ultrasound.
he is probably sending for the us to access your uterus, endometrium (lining of your womb) and ovaries. Make sure the endometrium is abnormally thickened.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.