My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Alternative mesh procedures - fairly urgent, I could do with some help please

0 replies

Hileni · 14/07/2020 18:02

Hi everyone. I was due to have an abdominal mesh procedure - Sacrohysteropexy - and thanks to your guidance I have asked to have no mesh put in my body whatsoever. For context, I have a grade 3 bladder and uterus prolapse in my vagina and a grade 2 bowel.

I have learning disabilities and so I was wondering if anyone could help explain this next part - talk to me as if I were a 3 year old:

I'm now expecting surguy in 12-16 weeks. It will be anabdomino-vaginal approach to my prolapse and incontinence surgery. I will have an open colposuspension and vaginal sacrospinous hysteropexy using native tissue, with an anterior and posterior vaginal repair.

^ What does that mean exactly. Is that okay, am I going to be okay? Has anyone else had these and what was it like, how was recovery. What happened exactly. I have PTSD after being assaulted in hospital after I gave birth and so I'm very anxious about it and feel the more knowledge I have, the more in control I will be.

Thank you for your time.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.