My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Unusual spotting and heavier periods

2 replies

Anon1202 · 08/06/2020 20:48

Hello everyone,

I’m 39 with 2 kids (2 and 4.5 years) and for the last 3 months I have been having light spotting 2/3 days before my period. I don’t recall ever having this before and this month my period feels heavier than normal and I have more tummy and back pain than normal. Is this a sign of early menopause?? Or should I be seeing a doctor?

Many thanks xx

OP posts:
Literallyfedup · 08/06/2020 23:30

More likely perimenopause. It may run for years (could be even 10) before menopause finally happens. For the next couple years all you would notice is heavy periods and cycles reducing from 28 to 21-25 days. You will then start to get more symptoms. When that happens go to your GP to discuss your options. Till then keep a period diary so that you know how things are progressing (better to note things down as you will get foggy memory at some point.)

emmathedilemma · 09/06/2020 11:13

Keep a track of it, fibroids gave me similar spotting and then very heavy bleeding which also started around that age. If it happens for another few months I'd make a GP appointment to get checked over.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.