My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

PMDD

6 replies

harddays · 25/05/2020 19:38

This is so hard to live with. Such a disregarded health issue.

Coming up to hell week and I'm sat here mentally preparing myself to try harder this time to contain it.

What do you do to help yourself? I'm taking Vitamin b6, evening primrose oil and Agnus Castus, no contraception and trying for regular exercise and healthy diet.

OP posts:
Wagamamas · 26/05/2020 08:42

PMDD is hell.

My symptoms are better from taking magnesium, b6, calcium and 5htp at night. I dont take anti depressants but there is a harvard study that they help pmdd.

I wonder if a non horminal coil like the copper coil would help? I think the coil stops periods after a couple of months but not sure.
I read an article where hysyerctomy is an option but thats a huge huge operation. And would you even want early menopause? Anti drpressants fot part of your cycle can help. I think if you go with a diary of your symptoms to the gp they should take it more seriously and see that yours is linked to period. Good luck.

emmathedilemma · 26/05/2020 09:47

@Wagamamas the copper coil can make periods heavier. The mirena is meant to make them lighter and for some people they stop all together but it's hormonal.

Wagamamas · 27/05/2020 04:01

Oh ok thank you.

Yankathebear · 27/05/2020 04:04

The only thing that helped me was antidepressants.

It’s truly awful

soundsystem · 27/05/2020 04:24

I take Setraline and honestly it's been a complete game changer.

fortunacookie · 02/06/2020 10:47

Yeah I think I have this...it affects relationships for me too because I really like people and then suddenly go off them and I have worked out it's to do with my cycle Confused

I take sertraline too but I'm still same although symptoms would be far worse if not, I get really down and depressed when I try to come off it.

I've been accused of having bipolar by my child's father but I don't think it's that

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.