My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Mini-pill (instead of microgynon)

3 replies

lottiedelavega · 24/01/2020 20:15

Hi. I've been taking microgynon for three years, and while I find it ok, it's really lowered my sex drive, and I find I'm 'heavier' on it.

Does anyone have any experience of switching to the mini pill, and finding it better? Thanks .

OP posts:
Glitterb · 25/01/2020 13:01

I had to switch as I get migraines so they refused to prescribe microgynon anymore. I has worked brilliantly for me as I get no periods. I take cerazette and I know a lot of people do not get along with it though

louise88uk · 25/01/2020 15:29

Hi I had to switch to the mini pill as my mums breast cancer was estrogen positive. I've found it fine and my moods are probably better. I do forget to take it at times and periods can be a bit irregular. I wouldn't say its lowered my sex drive but I'm not as driven as I am without being on the pill. Hope this helps

Ronia · 25/01/2020 15:34

I take Cerazette too and find it great. No periods and migraines gone. I also got pregnant within 4 months of coming off it, both times.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.