My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Heavy bleeding on day 12 please help

1 reply

user1490285009 · 27/12/2019 08:07

Hi ladies, I’m absolutely scared and hope there’s someone here with some experience of this. I’m on day 12 of my cycle. I just went to the toilet to pee and realised I’m bleeding, as if on my periods. There were 3-5 small blood clots. I have experienced spotting before ovulation in the past but not with clots. My periods are otherwise normal and I don’t expect to be pregnant or have an STI.

I’ve had a bad cold/possibly flu the last week that’s made me almost bed bound the last few days. Lots of paracetamol and lots of coughing. Could that prompt bleeding or am I clutching at straws.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Any advice or reassuring words would be much appreciated. I’ve gone online and I wish I hadn’t because google is giving me a grim list of causes.

I will call gp but with it being holiday season I am sure I’ll get an appointment for a months time.

OP posts:
Ryah1 · 27/12/2019 22:07

Hi OP,
I haven’t experienced the symptoms you’ve described, but it’s not uncommonto have an unusual cycle/ period. Fluctuations in our hormones, medication and stress can affect our cycles. Definitely book an appointment with your GP, and stay away from the internet, it will just mess with your head and cause undue stress.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.