My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Very heavy period returned after sex

11 replies

Lovemusic33 · 27/09/2019 07:20

Have been bleeding for over a week, quite heavy, stopped yesterday, had sex last night and woke up this morning bleeding heavily again. Feel totally drained (probably anaemic), back is killing me, stomach hurts. Fed up with this. I am on the pill and spot in between periods. Should I go to my gp to get something to stop the bleeding? I’m in a new relationship and the bleeding and spotting is getting in the way of sex.

OP posts:
kellyw1989 · 27/09/2019 07:29

Has this just started to happen ?

Lovemusic33 · 27/09/2019 07:37

The spotting has been gong on a while but my period usually only lasts
4 or 5 days. Always been quite heavy but not this painful 😖

OP posts:
kellyw1989 · 27/09/2019 07:38

Sounds tough hun have you had any tests before ?

Lovemusic33 · 27/09/2019 07:43

I had a smear a couple months ago and also had a scan to check for cysts a couple months ago as I was in pain (turned out to be my appendix). GP wanted me to come off the pill and get the copper coil but I refused due to having a tilted and twisted cervix (I worry it will make me bleed even more). I am 37 and have some symptoms of early menopause but have not discussed this with gp.

OP posts:
kellyw1989 · 27/09/2019 07:45

37 is still young Hun don’t worry, are you actually ttc ?

Lovemusic33 · 27/09/2019 07:56

No, not ttc (no plans too), only been with my new man for a few months, this is kind of getting in the way 🤣, maybe I shouldn’t have has sex the day my period has stopped, it literally stopped a couple hours before so maybe it’s triggered it off again? I sometimes get a bit of bleeding after sex but nothing like this, this is full blown heavy period bleeding 😭

OP posts:
kellyw1989 · 27/09/2019 07:59

I can imagine it’s getting in the way and frustrating. I used to bleed after sex and ended up having transvaginal scan. It was a peice of mine thing in the end and had a very small ovarian cyst removed

Persea · 27/09/2019 08:02

I think any unusual bleeding definitely calls for a visit to your GP, hopefully just to get checked out and rule out anything dodgy.

Lovemusic33 · 27/09/2019 08:12

I’m waiting for a call back from the gp, feeling awful and really hormonal (low). Hopefully GP can give me something to stop the bleeding and maybe refer me on to gynaecologist? I know they will probably tell me to come off the pill but I’m worried about trying any other contraceptives (implant, injection) as I worry about the side effects.

OP posts:
AMAM8916 · 27/09/2019 10:16

I was in the same boat as you. The only cure was the depo injection. 6 months of random spotting when starting it (very light though) but now spotting and period free!

Lovemusic33 · 27/09/2019 13:47

Thank you, I think I will have to try the injection, to be fair it can’t be any worse than it is now, I spot on the pill and my periods are heavy and painful. I do worry about gaining weight in the injection?

I spoke the gp and he told me to take a pregnancy test and if that was negative to wait a few days and see if it settles (test was negative, I knew it would be). Bleeding has slowed down but still cramping.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.