My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Women's health

Yazmin for severe pmt/pmdd

6 replies

Mindfullness · 01/06/2019 10:15

Has anyone tried this? I would be really interested to hear experiences - good and bad. I've been struggling for years and my doctor has prescribed this. Thanks x

OP posts:
JoMumsnet · 01/06/2019 12:20

Just bumping this thread for you, OP.

JoMumsnet · 01/06/2019 13:25

And again.

NoBaggyPants · 01/06/2019 13:30

It didn't help me, and a gynae confirmed I'm progesterone intolerant so any contraceptive pill makes me worse, not better. Have you reacted to any other hormonal contraception?

VodselForDinner · 01/06/2019 13:30

I think effects of different types of pill can vary so much from woman to woman that you won’t really know until you try it.

I loved Yasmin for my skin but really had the most horrific PMT while on it. It got to the stage where I had to come off it.

That said, hormonal contraceptives really just weren’t for me so you may have a very different experience.

DollyTots · 01/06/2019 13:32

I haven't been prescribed Yazmin but changed my pill to rigevidon to help with extreme pmt. It has made a difference in that my pmt is confined to 5 daysish whereas before it was all the time, just relentless. So definitely give it a go and if it doesn't work, persist, go back and try something different.

It's worth saying I'm also on a tiny dose of fluoxetine 10mg which is also known to be good for treating pmt symptoms.

Mindfullness · 01/06/2019 16:45

Thanks ladies for your replies. I am worried it will make things worse but feel like I have to try something as I can't go on like this. I'm also under the mental health team so will see them regarding specific meds for that.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.