My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Heavy Periods

3 replies

stressedoutbunny · 09/04/2019 01:39

My periods have always been heavy but they appear to be getting worse. I was put in blood thinners which made them unbearable so I’ve stopped them (against advice). Was recently in hospital in intensive care with my asthma and had my period (great timing, just left any remaining dignity at the door when I went in) and the nurses looking after me commented on how heavy my period was and advised me to get it reviewed as it wasn’t normal.
I’ve mentioned to my GP before but he was quite dismissive. Due to other health issues I can’t take anything that might clot my blood and I think I would like to ask for a hysterectomy is this possible? All advice appreciated x

OP posts:
AttilaTheMeerkat · 09/04/2019 09:07

I would talk to another GP within the practice if the previous GP was dismissive. I would ask them to refer you to a gynae to determine the precise cause of the bleeding. Heavy periods can be for instance caused by fibroids.

missyboo87 · 09/04/2019 10:47

I agree I'd speak to another gp and get referred to gynae and get further tests done to help you! Good luck.

stressedoutbunny · 09/04/2019 18:39

Thanks ladies I’ve made an appt for a couple of weeks time. I have to try and be more assertive!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.