My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Will this period ever end?

1 reply

iwasagirlinavillage · 19/02/2019 20:50

I've had the copper coil since June and my periods have been heavier and longer. Usually 8-10 days with 2 of those being particularly heavy. This month, I had spotting on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, period started properly on the Thursday, then lighter again on the Friday, back to a normal period on the Saturday until the Tuesday when I had three days of very heavy bleeding. Friday and Saturday was lighter, then no bleeding on the Sunday but I've had spotting again yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday). This is now 16 days of bleeding or spotting, with the exception of one day. I now have cramps but according to my period tracker app I'm most likely ovulating today (I don't normally have spotting when I ovulate).

I'm planning to go to the GP about my periods anyway as I've been feeling very drained and wonder if the heavier blood loss could be making me anaemic. But this month is just ridiculous. I know they say to give it a year to settle, but this is the longest I have bled for in the 8 months I've had it. I'm so sick of this.

OP posts:
iwasagirlinavillage · 22/02/2019 09:50

Anyone?

The spotting has stopped now (I had some light spotting after having sex - that was the 17th day of bleeding) but I've got really bad cramps, the way I feel just before my period is about to start. I don't know what's going on. Could this be related to the coil even though I've had it for 8 months?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.