My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Gynae problem?

16 replies

seriousone · 15/02/2019 16:29

Hi guys
Don't normally post asking for health advice but thought would give it a go. This week I've had an ache in my abdomen, slightly stabbing but only a little, across it not in one place.
I thought nothing of it as I came on so thought it was to do with that. However the pain hasn't subsided ,it continues to be there only going when I take pain relief and comes back four hrs later. When the pain is bad it feels like I can't walk. Am asking you guys if you think this is normal period pain(have never had any period pain before just a slight backache before coming on)or the start of something else.Because if this is period pain I don't want it like this every 4wks as I had to miss two days work. Unfortunately I can't get a gp appt for a while so I'm asking if you ladies in the know think it maybe something,for what it's worth I'm still on period now and the pain is still the same only being relived with ibuprofen.. thanks for any help

OP posts:
zenlife · 15/02/2019 16:31

Where abouts exactly is the pain? Could it be a virus?

seriousone · 15/02/2019 16:37

Hi thanks for replying,it's just above where the female parts start (not sure of proper name), maybe it is a virus but I have no other symptoms apart from this pain,I was going to wait until my monthly finished but the pain hasn't subsided and is worse when I bend, unfortunately I work in care

OP posts:
bassackwards · 15/02/2019 17:00

You say the pain is unusual for you and so severe that you've had to miss 2 days of work? I'd probably seek urgent medical care if I were you.

Unless it's gas

seriousone · 15/02/2019 17:02

I'm recluant to go to a/e in case it's period pain,I wouldn't want to waste their time

OP posts:
Thesuzle · 15/02/2019 17:02

Water works infection

zenlife · 15/02/2019 17:07

How come you can't see your GP?

seriousone · 15/02/2019 17:10

@zenlife..I rang go they have no appts available until 4/3 but can ring Mon and ask to speak to duty Dr.. may have to ride it out until then

OP posts:
zenlife · 16/02/2019 08:35

Doctors have emergency/urgent appointments every day so you should get in any day especially with abdominal pain

AttilaTheMeerkat · 16/02/2019 09:00

Would not leave this and you need to seek medical advice from the GP and asap. You would not be wasting anybody's time in seeking help, you need an emergency appointment.

Any such changes to the menstrual cycle should always be reported, this is also not normal for you.

hopeishere · 16/02/2019 09:03

Well it could be a whole lot of things so I'd phone 111 or got out out of hours first.

PixieDust20 · 16/02/2019 09:04

Phone 111 to get an appt with an out of hours doctor xx

ReaganSomerset · 16/02/2019 09:08

I had this due to anxiety. Lasted a long time, had an ultrasound and everything. Eventually diagnosed as IBS and given some tablets that sorted it, but haven't had a bout of it since. Try not to panic, but I would book in with the doctor. Personally, it wouldn't merit A and E for me, but if you're unsure call 111 and they'll advise.

seriousone · 16/02/2019 14:55

Hi everyone thanks for all suggestions

OP posts:
seriousone · 18/02/2019 21:48

Hi thought I would update you all, I literally rode it out until Sunday day when I went to work taking pain killers until I took one lot that didn't do anything and I literally couldn't walk (not sure how I walked in honest truth),I got sent home from work early as they could see i was in agony, didn't know what to do with self.111 advice to go hospital which I did and now end of story I've just had emergency surgery for a burst appendix.
Moral of story, ladies and gentlemen any abdo pain anywhere please get checked out,I can't believe I thought it was period pain 😊

OP posts:
ReaganSomerset · 18/02/2019 21:48

Crikey, OP. Glad you're OK!

seriousone · 18/02/2019 22:52

As well as can be expected, but that wasn't expected😊

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.