My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Full blood test 'normal' but I don't feel right

4 replies

stiltonontoast · 28/12/2018 10:20

My DS is 11 months old and I haven't felt right since he was born, it was a traumatic birth (forceps, tearing, blood loss).

Initially I lost all my baby weight and weighed less than I did before I was pregnant. I also felt fairly ok energy wise despite caring for a newborn. Since those initial few months I feel I've gone downhill - I've put on a lot of unexplained weight, feel tired and lethargic ALL THE TIME and my hair is still falling out.

My periods now are basically nothing, 2-3 days of very light bleeding and then thats it, and no pain to speak of. My ovulation pain is actually a lot worse and it hurts to the point of having to sit down. Another thing I've noticed is that if I need to do a poo it really hurts my insides (womb/uterus I think!) almost like a period pain.

I recently went to the GP with my concerns and they sent me for a full blood test - which came back normal.

Should I go back? Any ideas?

OP posts:
rightreckoner · 28/12/2018 10:21

What are your thyroid numbers ? GPs tend to undermedicate in this country compared to others so may say you are fine when you’d get treatment elsewhere

Coronapop · 28/12/2018 10:22

Did GP check thyroid function?

stiltonontoast · 28/12/2018 10:29

@Coronapop Yes that was checked too and was 'normal' apparently.

I'm currently awaiting a copy of my results so I can look through the numbers @rightreckoner

OP posts:
Grace212 · 28/12/2018 10:34

you might need more detail in the thyroid tests - the initial one they do is about the function I think, but there's more to look at, especially with your symptoms.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.