My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Ovarian cyst

2 replies

ClemHFandango · 02/12/2018 23:20

I had an ultrasound in October to check up on the placement of my Mirena and they spotted a cyst on my left ovary. She said it was about 5cm. I’ve got another appointment at the end of January to get it checked again, but I’m just wondering if anyone knows the likelihood of having to have further treatment? I think, but I’m not certain, that the nurse said it wasn’t a simple cyst.

My ultrasound appointment in Jan is immediately followed by an appointment with a consultant gynaecologist - is this something I should be worried about, or is that what they do for everyone?

I’ve been having some pain on the left side of my tummy and my lower back and leg on that side have been hurting more too, but I’m not sure whether all this is because I was told there was a cyst!

I know nobody will be able to tell me for sure, but any insights appreciated! Thanks!

OP posts:
caffeineanddryshampoo · 05/12/2018 17:52

I had a 6cm cyst removed in October after having lots of pain earlier in the Summer. I think I had an ultrasound first before having another appointment later on with the gynaecologist.
You can ask me anything you like.

Lapsingpro · 05/12/2018 18:58

My understanding is that they generally leave cysts under 4cm without treatment but will treat bigger ones.. they like to monitor so that's why they want another scan, to see if it's grown, shrunk or changed etc..

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.