My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Cramps/back ache all month

4 replies

Lostoldusername · 26/10/2018 12:26

Hi all

For the past 2 months, I've had cramps, dull ache and low back pain all month round. My periods are normally like clockwork but last month it was early, and this month was 5 days late - plus it lasted a week instead of 5 days.
No bleeding in between periods.
I've got an appt at GP next week but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

OP posts:
Justmuddlingalong · 26/10/2018 12:29

I get about 5 days a month when I'm not cramping with sore boobs. My periods are regular as clockwork, but I'm 48 and presume it's "just my age."

Lostoldusername · 26/10/2018 12:34

I'm 35.
It's because it's suddenly come on in last 2 mths that I've noticed. And the back ache! Never suffered before but it's annoying me now.

OP posts:
RoseAndRose · 26/10/2018 12:46

It may well just be age, but there are some things which need to be checked 's ascribed to that.

Female cancers are quite rare, but the symptoms are fairly non specific which is why diagnoses can be missed and the opportunity for early treatment lost. Sorry to be alarming but a change to periods plus backache can (sometimes) indicate ovarian cancer and there a blood test (CA125) which can rule it out.

Lostoldusername · 26/10/2018 22:09

Thanks - I will mention it all to my GP nect week.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.