Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

I WILL lose weight this time

22 replies

southernbelle77 · 17/06/2008 06:51

That's it, I AM going to lose weight this time. I am forever trying but not very hard and stay the same beached whale as always. Well, this time it is different (and I mean it).

I have just suffered my 2nd miscarriage in 4 months. I know that being overweight isn't the cause of the mc's but it can not help. I am prepared to do anything I can now to make sure that I am as fit and healthy as can be for when we get pregnant again.

We have also decided that we are going to go on a 'dream' holiday to Hawaii at the beginning of next year so that is my other aim - to be able to wear a bikini when we go!

I need to lose 5 stone to be my 'ideal' weight, although I'm not sure that 'ideal' would suit me as I think it might be too much so I am going to start loosing weight and then see how my body reacts to it.

I am changing my eating habits to being healthy and once I am back on my feet and more able (still suffering the effects of a horrible natural mc) I will be doing exercise too.

I think I might also go to the doctors and see if they can give me any constructive advice too.

I am serious this time and I WILL DO IT!

OP posts:
Buda · 17/06/2008 06:53

Good for you. I have 5 stone to lose too. (Well more like 6 if I am honest but 5 would be fantastic).

I am trying to decide how to do it. Have tried lots of things in the past and the most successful for me was lowcarb. So am trying to get back into mindset of doing that.

LoveMyGirls · 17/06/2008 07:01

You can do it!

I've been on a mission to lose weight since jan and have lost almost 2 and a half stone (got 1lb to go!) All in all since having dd2 I have lost 4 and a half stone and it feels so goooooooooooooood! I was 13.13 when i started now i'm 9.8, my size 12 jeans I aimed to get into are now loose!

southernbelle77 · 17/06/2008 07:07

Wow LMG, that is great! What a good post to read at the beginning of my journey!

Have you been doing a 'plan' or just changed your eating habits?

Before having dd I lost 3 1/2 stone but since having dd it has pretty much (well just under a stone less) has come back on.

I want to be able to go into any clothes shop and buy something I like knowing it will look good, not worrying that my tummy or bum or arms or whatever other part of me will look big in it

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 17/06/2008 07:16

this is a thread i started near the beginning of my weightloss I hope you find it helpful, to start with it was just healthy eating and walking then I fell off track for a while then put some weight on which I kicked myself for and I decided that was enough I wasn't putting it all back on again and this time I was sticking with it until I was happy with myself, I haven't quite got to the point where I can have nice things without feeling guilty but I'm not far off now I dont think. To give my last push a chance of success I joined WW and I've found it easy tbh I try to make sure I exercise enough everyday to get my heat racing as well as taking extra steps when I can (like going upstairs to get something rather than ask dd1 to bring it down for eg) I avoid cheese and bread and drink loads! You lose fat through wee so drink all the time to fill you up and flush out the fat.

mixedmama · 17/06/2008 08:56

This is an inspiring thread... I would like to join. I have over the past 5 years been putting on weight and from 8st 8 when I met DH I was 11 st 12 at my maximum in April.

I had been trying to lose weight since DS2 was born in January but everything just failed.

I went out for dinner with some friends, some I hadnt seen for 10 years and the very first thing one fo them said to me (and I mean before even saying hello) was "wow you have put on loads of weight" I swear I was going to burst into tears right there and then and run home. But turns out that even tho I knew this and it didnt need pointing out, this is what triggered me to be completely serious about it this time.

I joint WW and have lost 18 pounds, since the end of April. It really works for me where other diets have failed, and it seems a sensible way of eating as I will be able to maintain this when I reach my goal weight. I stillhave 2 stone left to lose and would like to lose it by Xmas to wear a dress that I cant bear to throw away to my work Xmas party.

Sorry for the mammoth post, but I think my point is to find a way of eating that works for you.

I also bought an exercise bike for about 50 quid from Argos and i love it whilst watching eastenders or something.

stickytape · 17/06/2008 10:54

Hello! I will join this thread too-- catching it at the beginning is better. I am daunted by the threads with 700 messages!

My story-- weight up and down and then up up up over several years. Also some miscarriages.

Anyhow, I put off doing anything for years despite joining gyms, getting personal trainers, dieting-- I did not stick to anything.

In April I started low cal dieting (balanced), and I have lost 25 lbs so far, with exercising too. But I have quite a lot more to go.

Like you, I'm not aiming for my 'ideal' weight necessarily, as it may no longer be the right weight for me, as that number is at least 10 years out of date and my body has changed, plus I'm exercising and getting some muscle. But for now, the next goal is 2 stone, then we'll see.

I definitely could use some encouragement and support.

I have exercise videos but at night I am too lazy/tired to do them!

stickytape · 17/06/2008 10:58

p.s. I don't think I mentioned that I was also 5 stone over ideal weight... now slightly less than 5 stone left.

Lizzylou · 17/06/2008 11:01

HI, I am trying to lose weight again.
I lost 2 stone with Slimmers World last year and felt great, but another stone has crept back on and although I run about 3 times a week, I know that it's diet which affects me most.
Have got back from holidays and started to drink more water, eat more fruit and veg and less carbs. Feeling better but need to get it into my head that this is for life, not just for a few months at a time!
I find having chopped up fruit and veg to hand is good, then you aren't tempted by "naughty" snacks. I am also learning to love hot water with lemon to cleanse me from within (but it's not coffee, sob).
Well done Lovemygirls!
Southernbelle, are you going to join a club, or use the powers of MN?

southernbelle77 · 17/06/2008 11:18

Clubs and me do not mix! When I joined WW I acutally put on weight!

I have to do what I know works for me, and that is just changing my lifestyle. Healthy eating and exercise works for me so that is what I'm doing!

I'm glad others have joined the thread now! We can all support each other on our journeys!

OP posts:
stickytape · 17/06/2008 16:45

I am with you on the clubs. I tried joining WW online though. Maybe I can pull it off again but last time I just ignored it. Right now I'm counting calories... I am thinking of a low-carb plan, like Charles Clark's, which includes lots of vegetables.

southernbelle77 · 18/06/2008 06:21

Well my first day went well! Drinking more water than before which is good as not only good for me, but suppresses the appitite too!

Also bought some water biscuits yesterday incase I need to snack on something between meals!

OP posts:
mixedmama · 18/06/2008 14:33

Water biccies, never heard of them... will google them

southernbelle77 · 18/06/2008 14:40

they are like cream cracker type things but pretty much fat free!

OP posts:
mixedmama · 18/06/2008 14:47

I will see about getting some of those then, cos I am abit of a snacker.

Lizzylou · 18/06/2008 15:18

Am full of a cold, menstrual and got gnat bites all over me from running round the lake nearby....BUT have been "good" foodwise and am hoping that a few pounds will shift by the weekend!
DH likes water biscuits, I only do if they have loads of cheese on the top

southernbelle77 · 19/06/2008 16:51

Oh no, don't talk about cheese!! I LOVE cheese but am really trying to not eat it so much!

OP posts:
southernbelle77 · 22/06/2008 07:02

Well I know I shouldn't have really as it's not weigh in for me until tomorrow but just stepped on the scales and I have lost 6lb so far this week! Am very pleased. I know the first week will be better than most as just getting into it etc, but it's also been a busy weekend (dd's birthday)and the food hasn't been the greatest for 'healthy eating' but I have been fairly careful!

How is everyone else doing?

OP posts:
mamalovesmojitos · 22/06/2008 15:35

oh my god southernbelle! 6lb that is amazing.

i need to lose four stone to be back to my happy weight. perhaps a bit more. but i keep putting it off as i feel like i am not strong enough to do it.

this thread is very encouraging though. agree also that it is nice to come across one at the beginning.

i dont want to join a club either, just re-learn life long healthy patterns. no takeaways, fizzy drinks, chocolate bars, huge portions etc...

reading this thread i'm thinking that i must make some kind of a start tomorrow.

southernbelle77 · 23/06/2008 15:01

First week has been fab! I've lost 8lb and am so happy! I feel better as I'm eating 'good' food and I am eating less which is good as I used to eat far too much.

Today going well too so hopefully I can keep it up

OP posts:
southernbelle77 · 05/07/2008 07:21

Oh well seems this thread kinda got lost but thought I'd quickly update as it's been going well! I've now lost 1st in just under 3 weeks. Weigh in not until Monday but couldn't resist and this morning I have lost 1st exactly!

I have started my exercise routine now too which is really helping.

Good luck to anyone else too.

OP posts:
suepervixen · 26/06/2010 11:08

Message deleted

tightwad · 26/06/2010 11:20

oooh ooh can i join???
please please please??

i am going to ww on monday with the aim of getting 3 stone off by xmas.

i am SICK to death of feeling crap, avoiding all social activities because i have zero confidence.
recently my brother took some family pictures (which i agreed to because no one has any pictures of me for the last 10 years)
and i cant believe it is me in them, i dont recognise myself.

however, off on hoilday to america in 2 weeks, BUT i cant leave it till we come back, i have to start now, to feel a little nit in control.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.