My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

THE WEIGHT WONT SHIFT WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

4 replies

igglepiggles · 21/02/2008 16:04

im 5"5 and im very roundish before i had DS i was just under 10st and was quite toned and fitted size 12 clothes. He s 10 months now and whatever i do the weight wont shift im 13st now and i cant shift it
this is wat i eat now and have done for the last few weeks can anyone help?

Brekfast

one weetabix with banana on it and semi skimmed milk some times instead of the banana i'll have a small sprinkling of sugar.

lunch

jacket potato with tune n sweetcone
or
brown bread sarnies with chicken / ham / corned beef
or
boiled egg

snacks

if i get hungry i ll eat and apple or raw carrott or a few grapes but mostly i ll have a glass of water.

dinner/tea (before 6pm)

potato and corned beef mashed 2gether with gravy.
or
smoked haddock with new potatoes.
or
spaggetti bol.
or
lasagne

i have plenty of excercise walking colin (the dog) twice a day everyday and will jog around the park with him etc.

but the weight just isnt falling off me at all. i'll lose a few lb's and seem to put more back on but im not changing anything or giving myself treats for losing weight.
What am i doing wrong???

OP posts:
igglepiggles · 21/02/2008 16:07

**tuna

OP posts:
TheDuchessOfNorksBride · 21/02/2008 16:18

Are you still b/feeding? I don't lose weight until I've finished.

The best thing is to do some cardio-vascular exercise. You really need to get your heart pumping. 2 or 3 30-minute sessions a week, proper running is good (follow a build-up plan if you're not that fit at the moment). Swimming is also good and leaves you feeling all stretched out afterwards. Or join an aerobics class or similar.

And try and drink LOTS of water, aim for 2 litres a day.

Good luck!

madamekoto · 22/02/2008 09:54

Go get the Nell Mcandrew DVD and do it couple of times a week. Total Killer but it really works. If you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight. When my DD was 10 months she thought it as hilarious when I exercised in front off her.

Blueskythinker · 22/02/2008 10:11

Go to your doctor and discuss it with him/her & ask for blood tests.

I have just being diagnosed with thyroid problems after the same thing - healthy eating, training for 1/2 marathon yet no weight loss.

There may be an underlying medical cause for your stubborn weight.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.