Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Anyone get ill whenever diet/exercise?

Greenphonegirl · 18/08/2020 09:58

every time I make a fresh start, new diet, start exercise plan i get a cold. Im sure it always happens. Got a cold now after starting again last week went for a couple of runs and healthy eating and a cold. Think its now going to my chest, don't worry not covid.
Does anyone else have the same

OP's posts:
Please
or

BrokenBrit · 18/08/2020 10:23

I don’t personally. As a cold is a virus caught from someone else, it won’t be caused by changing your eating/ exercise as such, but maybe if you are pushing yourself physically you are becoming run down and more susceptible?

Also if you have a cold currently, especially one going to your chest, you need to get a covid test; unless you have already. Hope you feel better soon, and good luck with the exercise plan.

Please
or

Greenphonegirl · 18/08/2020 10:29

Thanks its definitely not covid. I've already had that in March, tested positive then. I know you can poss get in twice but I dont have a continuous cough this time thankfully nor any of the requirements for a test. Perhaps just run down and pick things up more easily

OP's posts:
Please
or

gbarla · 18/08/2020 10:47

Probably a bit of confirmation bias here OP. I can't imagine exercise and dieting is making you ill unless either are extreme versions.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.